Hello Tolkien Fans!

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
laura

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello! It's Laura, from Italy.
I've been a HUGE Tolkien fan since the day the first lotr movie came out. It's my life, I cannot find another way to explain it. It's the first time I've joined a Tolkien online community...I decided to do so cause I cannot find in my everyday life someone to share my passion with. I'm surrounded by that kind of people who see lotr as "just a book". Btw my favourite Tolkien book is The Children of Hurin, I find something so fascinating in that book...I can't explain.
Well, I'm sure I'll have a great time here! :)

Gimli_man43

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#2 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Welcome to PT! blush Hope you have a wonderful time here. Feel free to get around all the forums and get to know everybody!

Thorin Oakenshield

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#3 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Welcome to PT Laura :wavehello: Have a look around and you will find lots of great discussions on many interesting areas of Middle Earth :elfbiggrin:

The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

rho

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#4 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:17 pm

buongiorno, and welcome to PT

eruaphadriel thranduilion

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#5 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:03 pm

I agree with you Laura.The sam story.   

Since the day i watched it for a very first time,I have been pretending like i live in LOTR.  

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#6 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:11 am

Hello and welcome Eruaphadriel  and Laura. Hope you both have fun here, watch out for the Balrog....

Loss

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#7 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:25 am

Welcome to our Planet Tolkien.  Have great fun and play nice with the orcs now...  :orcthumbs:

laura

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#8 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Thank you so much everybody!

Morambar

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#9 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Howdy and welcome, and do have fun.  I'm rather fond of The Children of Hurin as well; there are so MANY versions of the Turin tale, with so many variations, that it can be hard to keep them all straight, but that also allows those inclined to cherry pick which parts they like from each.  TCoH seamlessly assembles the pieces I always liked best into a story that reads just as it does in my head, so it's very satisfying.

Anyway, and once again, welcome, and glad you're here.  I believe you'll find plenty of nice bright folks for ages of stimulating converse.

laura

Hello Tolkien Fans!

Post#10 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Thank you Morambar!

Return to “Introduce yourself!”