New Members

New to Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!

New Members

Post#1 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:28 am

Please note the dead easy rules.

No bad language.
Keep it civil.

We all have our own ideas but they may not be the same as others (thankfully). Just because someone's idea or interpretation is different to yours doesn't make them wrong.

Introduce yourself here.

Have fun.

New Members

Post#2 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey there, Nick here, all the way from Port Elizabeth, South Africa!

Can't wait for this movie... it's so frikkin long before it is released!

New Members

Post#3 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Mae govannen! I am called LadyLegolas, and when not walking beneath the mallorns of Lothlorien, practicing archery in Eryn Lasgalen, or simply singing in Imladris...I dwell in the U.S.A. I am rather new to the wonderful world of Tolkien, and hope to learn as much as I can. I love my God and my family above all else. I love Elves among all of the peoples of Middle-earth, and am truly convinced that I am a child of the Eldar whose ears simply refused to form correctly. :D I also have a strong affinity for archers and trees. Nature is simply breathtaking, is it not? Ah, God's creation...My favorite characters are Legolas, Beleg, Elladan, and Elrohir, but that is not to say that I do not simply adore the other characters as well. I have read LOTR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, the Tolkien Bestiary, The Children of Hurin, and am desperately searching for the Unfinished Tales and Histories of Middle-earth. The Lord of the Rings is my favorite film, and the books are some of my favorite reads of all time. The Hobbit is a favorite as well, and I look forward to its theatrical release with great enthusiasm!

New Members

Post#4 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:19 pm

Hello there LadyLegolas =)

New Members

Post#5 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:36 pm

I am Beren, and I reside in the U.S.A. I have been a Tolkien nut for a few years now, and have read all Tolkien books that came my way (including LOTR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, and half of the History of Middle Earth (series)).
Although I consider myself knowledgeable in the Tolkien realm, I am always ready to learn new things, and I often forget the things I do know. Among all my Tolkien knowledge, I am best-versed in subjects from the Silmarillion, but I'm learning more of LOTR from reading the History of the Lord of the Rings.
I'm really looking forward to The Hobbit movie, and have already saved money for my ticket (assuming tickets aren't $30 by the time the movie comes out, lol.) I also hope to see many movies made from The Silmarillion someday, perhaps when Christopher Tolkien has passed away. Perhaps then, younger, nicer relatives of Tolkien would be more willing for someone to use Tolkien's work for film. ;)

I look forward to getting to know you all, and having some fun Tolkien-filled conversations!

New Members

Post#6 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:05 pm

Greetings. I am 19 winter's old and I hail from Northwestern USA. I am a deep admirer of Tolkien's work. Actually, I got the Tolkien symbol tattooed on my back.. Some of my interests include Music (Folk/black metal, Classical), guitar, nature, reading, learning and merrymaking. I also have strong feelings towards nature. It's just too bad humans are destroying this earth...

New Members

Post#7 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi I am Aragonangel, i am Jamaica, i just love the LORD OF RINGS movies cant wait the last two films. :D

New Members

Post#8 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:04 pm

I'm from Argentina and a LOTR fun... like everybody else here, so we are on the right place to talk about this movie!!!

New Members

Post#9 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:37 am

My name is Arwen, living in little Belgium, and i'm such big fan off Tolkien that i named my baby boy Rohan. A special name for a special boy. I hope to learn even more here about Tolkien, and I just can't wait for the Hobbit movies!!

New Members

Post#10 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:31 am

Hi guys my name is Goldeneyes and i am 16 years ''OLD'' and i live in The Netherlands. I'm an huge fan of the LOTR films (my opinion is that the three films are the best ever made) and of the books. I also am a fan of the WOT serie that's where my name comes from. I do really hope the Hobbit movie will be very good and i just read somewhere tha the script makers are not talking about two movies but about one so i hope it will be an good one.

Return to “Introduce yourself!”