I wish...

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
Felagund

I wish...

Post#1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:09 am

...I lived in a warm country, like US or Mauritius. Its so rainy and wet and miserable here right now! :cry: :cry: :cry: Mwah :cry: :cry: :cry:

Zackira

I wish...

Post#2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:11 am

I prefer to have all 4 parts of the year ;) Its more interesting, for my part.
But I guess its very wet were you live :)

Felagund

I wish...

Post#3 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am

Zackira wrote:I prefer to have all 4 parts of the year ;) Its more interesting, for my part.
But I guess its very wet were you live :)

Yeah. I just don't feel we've had a Summer at all this year. Just been rain, rain, rain a few tiny wee glints of sunshine and then...more rain. :roll: So its been quite miserable, what's in like in your part of the Globe? Must be leagues better than here :roll:

Zackira

I wish...

Post#4 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 am

Well, at the beginning of the vacation, it was wonderful weather for 2 weeks. Luckily, it was those weeks I was going to a trip to the westcoast of Norway. But after that...not much heat at all actually, I guess ut has been kind of rainy here too. I havent noticed really ;)

Felagund

I wish...

Post#5 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:19 am

Zackira wrote:Well, at the beginning of the vacation, it was wonderful weather for 2 weeks. Luckily, it was those weeks I was going to a trip to the westcoast of Norway. But after that...not much heat at all actually, I guess ut has been kind of rainy here too. I havent noticed really ;)

June was beautiful here, but alas...I was in SCHOOL :shock:

The only good thing about rain (and I struggle to find much) is that it makesa the air fresh. Scotland is probably the worst country in Europe (or the world) for rain though. It rains all the time :D So we'll never be short of water I guess, at least.

Zackira

I wish...

Post#6 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:22 am

You know what? I just recalled! Summerrain is great! Not when its pooring down, but when its raining lightly in hot air! Makes you just wanna take a walk in a summer dress (or shorts ;) ) on a meadow or something.

Felagund

I wish...

Post#7 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:23 am

Zackira wrote:You know what? I just recalled! Summerrain is great! Not when its pooring down, but when its raining lightly in hot air! Makes you just wanna take a walk in a summer dress (or shorts ;) ) on a meadow or something.

Or Kilt ;)

Zackira

I wish...

Post#8 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:26 am

Or bunad ;)

Wait! Not bunad! Thats way too much clothing...

Light In The Dark

I wish...

Post#9 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:06 am

As the great man himself says, “You can only come to the morning through the shadows.”

Hang in there bud! ;)

LITD

Gandalfs Beard

I wish...

Post#10 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Good Lord. There must be something about reading Tolkien that turns everyone British. Talking about the weather is the favoured pastime of Brits. It's endless, really :lol: .

Two middle aged English ladies talking over the garden fence:
"Lovely weather we're having today, innit?"
"Oh certainly, the Fog lifted about noon."
"Just in time for the afternoon rain."
"The weather bloke says we might get a spot of sun tomorrow."
"Well, oo trusts the weather-man?"
"They sometimes get it right."
"Oh yes, I remember. Last Wednesday the weather chap said Thursday would be warm and sunny. And Thursday the sun was out for nearly 4 hours. I had a lovely sun-bathe that afternoon."
"And I was able to line dry two loads of wash."
"A bit like that 'eat wave we had in 1999. I got loads of wash done then."
;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

GB

Return to “Introduce yourself!”