Way off topic but...

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
Felagund

Way off topic but...

Post#1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 am

...Its on my mind, is anyone else waiting for their EXAM results to come in and is really crapping it? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

The 5TH OF AUGUST. DAY OF DOOM. :( :( :(

Light In The Dark

Way off topic but...

Post#2 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 am

Don't worry about it, sure you'll do fine :D . Or. . . you will fail the Exam and go no where in life and be posting on Hobbit forums all your life :twisted: :roll: . Either way, good luck!

Felagund

Way off topic but...

Post#3 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:43 am

Light In The Dark wrote:Don't worry about it, sure you'll do fine :D . Or. . . you will fail the Exam and go no where in life and be posting on Hobbit forums all your life :twisted: :roll: . Either way, good luck!

Cheers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am filled with optimism now :?

Zackira

Way off topic but...

Post#4 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 am

Mhmm....exam, thats a little...terrifying...oh well, Ive still got one more year to improove :D

But Im sure youll do fine, Felagund, or at least...yeah..well good luck :mrgreen:

Felagund

Way off topic but...

Post#5 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Zackira wrote:Mhmm....exam, thats a little...terrifying...oh well, Ive still got one more year to improove :D

But Im sure youll do fine, Felagund, or at least...yeah..well good luck :mrgreen:

Thank You Zackira! :D I hope that your exams are not as stressful to you next year as mine were this year! I hate School - but I'm in my last year now (of course if I get the rioght results it will be Uni after but there you go) :D

Zackira

Way off topic but...

Post#6 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Well, Im not too worried, as Ive got the highest average score in the hole 9th grade ;)

Zackira wrote:Mhmm....exam, thats a little...terrifying...oh well, Ive still got one more year to improve :D

Its still terryfying though :?

Felagund

Way off topic but...

Post#7 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Ah what I'd give for your Norwegian wit and brains Zackira :roll: :roll: *SIGH* Maybe next lifetime... ;)

Gandalfs Beard

Way off topic but...

Post#8 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:36 pm

What I particularly like about Tolkien Fans, is that they are generally more educated than the average fanboy ;) . I'm sure you'll do fine Fela.

GB

Beren

Way off topic but...

Post#9 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 pm

This is generally true, GB. Do you think it is because they read Tolkien, or do you think they read Tolkien because they are more educated? hmmm..

Gandalfs Beard

Way off topic but...

Post#10 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:52 am

That's almost a chicken and egg question Beren. My guess is that Tolkien (and Lewis too) lovers were probably raised on Fairy Tales and Greek/Norse/Celtic Myths in children's books format. This probably inspired them to read more, move on to Tolkien, and thus become more educated in the process.

Reading Tolkien in particular requires a certain level of intellectual sophistication :ugeek: . And as I subscribe to the notion that Nurture can only help people reach their own Nature's potential, it's really a bit of both.

GB

Return to “Introduce yourself!”