Hello to all

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
StephenCymru

Hello to all

Post#1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 am

Hi,

Having popped on to the site a few times, keen to learn any news about the upcoming Hobbit movies, finally decided that I should register for the forum.

I've never joined a forum of any kind before - so please be gentle!

I've never been one for reading books and as a young teenager read the first two chapters of The Hobbit several times before giving up. Once I finally managed to read a little further in - I was totally hooked on Tolkien's world and found LOTR impossible to put down.

I have to say that I loved the LOTR movies, regardless of the story changes. :D

pettytyrant101

Hello to all

Post#2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:45 am

Welcome Stephen, I think a few folks on here, myself included, were new to the forum lark when we joined here- I found it such a congenial place I never left! I hope you have a similar experience.

Eldorion

Hello to all

Post#3 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 am

Welcome to the forum! I've been on various forums for a while but I spent months and months learning the ropes, so I can sympathize with being new. I think most people get acclimated faster than I did, though. :lol: Hope to see you around; feel free to jump into any discussion you like!

Ringdrotten

Hello to all

Post#4 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:50 am

Couldn't have picked a better "first" forum :) Welcome!

Gandalfs Beard

Hello to all

Post#5 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 am

Greetings and Welcome Stephen :mrgreen: . Most of us are Kind and Gentle folk, but you will soon figure out that the Crabbits are Crunchy on the outside and Soft on the inside ;) .

Love your Avatar!!! I used it as a logo for my British/Irish store (that I used to have :( ) because it's the coolest flag in the UK and also because it's part of my heritage (Gramps was Welsh, Gran was Irish and English. I was born in London and grew up in Dorset).

GB

pettytyrant101

Hello to all

Post#6 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:51 am

Are Principalities allowed a flag? ;)

StephenCymru

Hello to all

Post#7 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:02 pm

pettytyrant101 wrote:Are Principalities allowed a flag? ;)

Thanks for the welcome.

I think our little principality should be allowed a flag - After all we're a little underepresented on the Union Jack flag, as the cross of St.David is not incorporated in to the design. :D

pettytyrant101

Hello to all

Post#8 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:14 pm

They should have the dragon on the Union Jack. Anything can be improved by a nice dragon logo.
And on the plus side when the country sinks into ruin and chaos (about next Tuesday way things are going) you'll be the only bit of the UK that can burn the flag and not feel like your burning a bit of your own!
We Scots will just have to settle for setting light to Tories (as usual). :D

Gandalfs Beard

Hello to all

Post#9 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:14 pm

pettytyrant101 wrote:They should have the dragon on the Union Jack. Anything can be improved by a nice dragon logo.

A truer word was never spoken. :ugeek:

And on the plus side when the country sinks into ruin and chaos (about next Tuesday way things are going) you'll be the only bit of the UK that can burn the flag and not feel like your burning a bit of your own!

Excellent point. :D

We Scots will just have to settle for setting light to Tories (as usual). :D

I didn't know Guy Fawkes was a Tory :? .

Oh wait, that's the English...I suppose the Scots were cheering on when he tried to blow up Parliament. ;) :lol:

(Though, come to think about it, they were probably also cheering on when the Catholic Guy Fawkes broke his own neck before being hanged)

GB

pettytyrant101

Hello to all

Post#10 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 pm

We'll cheer at anything that is a) violent b) funny c) involves the rich getting hurt. d) involves anyone English getting hurt
When its all four we have a national holiday. :D

Return to “Introduce yourself!”