Traveller drops by

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
valedhelgwath

Traveller drops by

Post#1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Greetings all. Most of you probably haven't met me before, and my past posts are probably buried so deep I'm no longer remembered, but hi to any who do remember me. Most likely I'm just passing by, but just having a nose around my old home.

Indis

Traveller drops by

Post#2 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Hello, Valedhelgwath. It's nice to meet you! Will you spend some time with us? :)

valedhelgwath

Traveller drops by

Post#3 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Greetings Indis. Since getting married and promoted at work (back in 2004) I seemed to lose most of my spare time. I'm afraid with one thing and another I don't get in here very often at all now days - In fact tomorrow I am due back at sea until the 29th, so will be offline again. It's good to nip in every once in a while though to catch up with old friends who are still around and meet new members.

Indis

Traveller drops by

Post#4 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Oh, 2004? That's a lot of time. Good to know you didn't abandon the place completely.

Are you a sailor if I may ask? That's interesting.

Thorin Oakenshield

Traveller drops by

Post#5 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Val is one, if not the best, fan fiction writer of PT! His stories are superb!! Its great to see you around again :wavehello:

The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

leelee

Traveller drops by

Post#6 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Oh my word~ Val, the esteemed council member I have longed to hear from. You have NO idea how many times I read your bio. And all the posts I read, oh how I wish Grondy were here tonight, he would be so pleased to have you, our real mariner back if only for a moment.

I thank you from the bottom of my Elvish heart for coming by. Please give my regards to your family and if you get a chance come back and share some thing with us.

valedhelgwath

Traveller drops by

Post#7 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:05 am

Oh, wow... I am still recognised. I'm honoured.

Are you a sailor if I may ask? That's interesting.

I'm a fishery officer/marine biologist. This involves me going away to sea fairly frequently for short periods either on patrol or conducting surveys. I'm currently conducting cockle stock assessments in anticipation of a coming fishery.

Val is one, if not the best, fan fiction writer of PT! His stories are superb!! Its great to see you around again

Hi Thorin. Good to see you are still around - and enjoying the fan fiction (if a little generous with your accolades). I'm afraid the writing is something else I had to stop. I write quite a few scientific reports at work and I find the style they have to be written in is totally alien to creative writing. The two are so different, I find I cannot write creatively for ages after writing a report. When I do, creativity then starts creeping into my reports and I have to go back and edit it all out. There may be a few stories I wrote later that aren't on PT but which I put here http://www.freewebs.com/valedhelgwathfiction/index.htm

Oh my word~ Val, the esteemed council member I have longed to hear from. You have NO idea how many times I read your bio. And all the posts I read, oh how I wish Grondy were here tonight, he would be so pleased to have you, our real mariner back if only for a moment.

I thank you from the bottom of my Elvish heart for coming by. Please give my regards to your family and if you get a chance come back and share some thing with us.

Thank you, Leelee. I still receive some of the council emails, and it was a recent one from you that prompted me to call back here - your wish is granted . I recently upgraded my PC and lost my old login codes, so cannot currently access the Council google-groups, but be assured my thoughts are with you, too. I just wish all wishes were so easy to fulfill.

And Grondy. I don't think a day passes where I don't still think about him.

I will try not to be such a stranger in future, although the days of being able to write long posts are over, I'm afraid - I just don't have enough free time anymore. That inability was why I eventually drifted away. It was nice to be able to sit down for a hour and compile a detailed response to some topic or another, so when that free time disappeared, it was frustrating no longer being able to do that.

Indis

Traveller drops by

Post#8 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm a fishery officer/marine biologist. This involves me going away to sea fairly frequently for short periods either on patrol or conducting surveys. I'm currently conducting cockle stock assessments in anticipation of a coming fishery.

That's incredibly interesting if you'd ask me! And it sounds like a hard work too. Glad to meet you, biologist - officer - tolkienist! :D

Thorin Oakenshield

Traveller drops by

Post#9 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 pm

There may be a few stories I wrote later that aren't on PT but which I put here http://www.freewebs.com/valedhelgwathfiction/index.htm

I've read all but the last three!! Thanks for sharing! **rubs hand in glee**

PS: Balin's Folly is my favourite!! :D

The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

Gimli_man43

Traveller drops by

Post#10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:27 pm

So one of our phoenixes rise from the ashes it seems. How dare you call yourself a "traveller"? Val you are always a sight for sore eyes. And I have to agree with Thorin, great stories you have written in the past now I just need to check out these new ones....

Return to “Introduce yourself!”