Hi there

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
archet

Hi there

Post#1 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 am

Hi guys. So, I'm archet, which is from LOTR, but it's not a name. I didn't realize we were supposed to pick names. I'm too young to say I'm a diehard fan, but it's my favorite movie, and I've read each book twice (OK I know it's not a lot, but I'm reading the Simallarion now too). I spend all my spare time reading parodies online, because I love all of them, and I've even written a few of my own. I'm not too good with computers, so I'm probably going to need some help :)

Oh, and is there any way to change my username? I would like to change it, as Archet is not really a name, even though it sounds cool.

Amarië

Hi there

Post#2 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:16 am

Hello and welcome! 

I think Archet is a pretty cool username, it doesn't have to be a genuine name. A word, title or random letters are ok too. It's all up to you. :)

You can change your username here: 

http://www.planet-tolkien.com/update_profile/

(This can be found if you click on 'account'  up where it says logout I account, and the under 'edit profile')

Here you can also change your password, avatar and location (when you have earned enough mirthil).

"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

archet

Hi there

Post#3 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks. I really like the journals. I cant wait to write one (when I have time). I just don't know what to write about yet 

arwen undómiel

Hi there

Post#4 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:26 am

Hello, Archet.

Welcome to pt. I hope you like this wonderful place.

''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

archet

Hi there

Post#5 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 am

So what's that level thing about?

arwen undómiel

Hi there

Post#6 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:01 am

About that level thing: It has not been developed yet. But maybe Tarrant (the webmaster of Pt) will make a real level thing someday.

You said that you are too young to say that you are a diehard fan. How old are you?

''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

archet

Hi there

Post#7 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:36 am

12. I think Im the only LOTR fan my age, well at least where I live, so it's a bit weird for me.

But that's OK, because I am who I am. I said I wasnt a diehard fan because I know people were absolutely obsessed when the movie came out and all, and I as just a little kid then.

I'm actually not sure whether I should say my age, but it is a family friendly website, so I think its OK.

Thorin Oakenshield

Hi there

Post#8 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Welcome to PT Archet :wavehello: Actually, I think Archet sounds really great as a Name ;)

The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

arwen undómiel

Hi there

Post#9 » Sun May 27, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm 13 and I'm also the only Tolkien fan of my age were I live. (I live in The Netherlands near Amsterdam) I was 11 almost 12 when I began reading Tolkien. And I'm a huge fan.  But here age doesn't matter. Everybody is so friendly.

It was just a question, because I'm also young and fan of Tolkien.

I hope that you like this place. If you want to talk to me about something. Feel free to send me a PM.

Archet is a very nice name, it sounds good.

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

archet

Hi there

Post#10 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Oh my gosh!!!

I used to live in Den Haag, I just moved to Toronto recently.

That's really awesome!!!

Return to “Introduce yourself!”