Mistake in LOTR

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
rwen

Mistake in LOTR

Post#1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Did anyone notice that in the Two Towers there was a mistake in the filming. When Eomer is leaving Aragorn and Legolas and Gimli, When they were asking about Merry and Pippin, Eomer climbs up onto his horse, his sword is hanging on the side of the horse, it flips upside down and falls out! And Eomer just rides off.. I still love LOTR:)

brego

Mistake in LOTR

Post#2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Ahh Wren, he is also wearing a watch!!

lol

rwen

Mistake in LOTR

Post#3 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:18 pm

I did not notice that Brego.. And i watch them every night lol

Balrogs R Us

Mistake in LOTR

Post#4 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm

You watch them every night! No pun intended, I'm sure.

I actually never noticed the sword in the millions of times I watched it, but I saw the Youtube video of it before. Absolutely brilliant.

Brego I'm probably blind but I can't see the watch? Is it in the same scene or another with him?

brego

Mistake in LOTR

Post#5 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:37 am

Got you both! Haha

There is however a blooper I've seen. When Gandalf is walking into Meduseld with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli he is meant to be hiding his staff from sight. As the scene proceeds between cuts Gandalf's staff magically appears and disappears from sight.

rwen

Mistake in LOTR

Post#6 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:53 am

Are you sure??:)  But i think ive heard that before from another dedicated LOTR fan..

Balrogs R Us

Mistake in LOTR

Post#7 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, technically you didn't get me because I didn't believe you....I just covered up my disbelief with a question in as friendly a tone as possible    But it is reassuring to know I'm not losing my eye sight.

Good call on the staff though.

brego

Mistake in LOTR

Post#8 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 am

Yup continuity is a bitch.

jackagon

Mistake in LOTR

Post#9 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 am

here it is guys!!

i saw the sword fall before!! can you belive people get paid to "check" these films 

the staff doesn't  vanish you can see it hes holding it horizontal and in the next bit its upright again,

[Edit: We don't allow the posting of links to other websites. For more information please read the website rules. If you still want to see this video, just search ''eomer's sword falls out'' for the first video. And ''the mansion of meduseld'' for the second one.(On youtube!) ]

rwen

Mistake in LOTR

Post#10 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Why do they hire people to check their film, When they could do it themselves for no cost? Makes no sense...

Return to “Introduce yourself!”