Extras for the hobbit movie

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
smshadow

Post#1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Hey, this post is just really a question which I have always wanted to ask and wanted answered.

I as many of you are hugeeeee tolkien fans, and big fans of the lord of the rings trilogies, many people probably want to know how they could maybe get the chance to be an extra in the Hobbit movie.

So my question is "How do you become an extra for the hobbit movies?"
any ideas? and is there an address to contact?

ady

Post#2 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:29 pm

It's a bit early to be looking for work as an extra smshadow but no doubt there will be plenty of info around nearer the time.

I'm guessing anyone in New Zealand will have a better chance than most though so if you ever wanted to go back packing.........

Beren

Post#3 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Oh I would definitely go if the remotest chance arose. Even if I was never in the actual cut of the film, I think it would be totally awesome to BE on the set, and to be participating (maybe even interacting with some of the main characters.)

lothierial

Post#4 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:51 am

I would definitly go for any oppertunity to be an extra in the movie! My problem is I'm a broke college student in the United States so there is really no way for me to get anywhere right now. I'm pretty sure they would wait to cast extras though until it gets closer to filming. I haven't even heard much about any main casting yet so I'm not sure.......

Barrel the pony

Post#5 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:33 pm

All the extras are going to be New zealanders cause they want to keep the money in the country, so don't get your hopes up.

jrjhoe

Post#6 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:29 pm

I would love to be in the movie, but I don't think I make a good chance, since I'm located right at the other end of the world... :(

lothierial

Post#7 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:40 am

Never give up!!!! Anything is possible! :lol: If you want it bad enough you can make it possible! Personally I don't think I want it that bad. Haha but that's becuase i need to finish college first :D

jrjhoe

Post#8 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:37 pm

lothierial wrote:Never give up!!!! Anything is possible! :lol: If you want it bad enough you can make it possible! Personally I don't think I want it that bad. Haha but that's becuase i need to finish college first :D

So do I! :D

lothierial

Post#9 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Sad day! :cry: Well maybe some day they will make a move that we can be in once we are out of college :D Luck for me I only have one year left!

Vanessa782

Post#10 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 am

Hi All,

Does any one knows who is the agency in new zealand for the hobbit?

Vanessa 782 8-)

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”