What's your favorite part in the Book?

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Huan

Post#1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:43 am

The title says it all, what's your favorite part in "The Hobbit"?

I guess mine is the part where they fall into the cracks, and fight the goblins all the way to the part where they are resqued by the eagles. Don't know why but I would love to see it on film, Gandalf slaying the Goblin Chief, seeing the Goblins being totally afraid of the swords. Seeing Bilbo sitting on the back of (I forgot the name of the dwarf, I think it was Bombur wasn't it?) Running through the tunnels, and then finally they all get outside, and they'r being chased by wolves and Goblins, there they go up the trees! (just pictureing it in my head now) Gandalf throwing fire balls and stuff.. yeah looks great haha..

I wonder if anyone agrees with me on this part, I guess most of you guys fancy the battle with Smaug, or the battle of the five Armies?

Greetz Huan

Show

Post#2 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:48 am

I would actually vote for the spiders in Mirkwood. This is when Bilbo really seems to be taking charge of himself in the adventure and rescues the Dwarves. That and singing nonsense lyricks like "Attercop, Attercop" to drive them bonkers is just good fun. Then the spiders try to corral him in and he just cuts through their webs with Sting. Yeah Sting!

Gandalfs Beard

Post#3 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:17 am

Hmm! that's a toss-up for me. I love the scene where the Trolls are arguing about how to cook them :lol: . And I also enjoy the scene where Bilbo finds the Ring and has a Riddle contest with Gollum. Oh and Bilbo's conversation with Smaug is hilarious too.

Gandalf's Beard

Beren

Post#4 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:29 pm

I really like the part where they escape the elf king's place. Bilbo gets them out of their cells and puts them in empty barrels. Bilbo turns out to be quite clever. As Gandalf says, "Hobbits really are amazing creatures."
In this scene we also get to see the other side of elves that we don't normally see (drunk, complaining, etc.)

Gandalfs Beard

Post#5 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:43 pm

Yes Beren, that always reminded me of the times when Vulcans let their feelings slip in Star Trek (like when they go through Pon Faar or have a wee bit much Romulan Ale :lol: ). The elves are always so stuck up and high and mighty "Oooo, look at us, we're so logical and Brainy. We're so much more compassionate we have to lock you up for your own good :roll: ." It's always amusing to see them "let their hair down." :lol:

Gandalf's Beard

Durin

Post#6 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:59 pm

One of my favorite parts of the book is either in one of these three places :D . First off, I love the part where Gandalf wits and keeps Beorn interested in their little story, and how he gets lodgings there. This also leads to an interesting part in the book where Bilbo swears he sees a Bear Like form following him on the road. Another part I love in the book is where they go to Rivendell and meet Elrond and the Elves, and then come back, months later. Perhaps the climax of the book is when the Hobbit and the Dwarves arrive in Dale. It is interesting to me that Tolkien just puts it as "Smaug was shot Down by Bard and died and fell in the Lake". He usually is much more descriptive :lol: . Anyhow, these are my favorite parts of the book.

lothierial

Post#7 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 pm

I would have to say that my favorite part of the book is after Bilbo rescues the dwarves from Thranduil's castle and they are whining about the fact that the had to be cramped in barrels and he gets to ride on top. It always made me laugh. :lol:

Barrel the pony

Post#8 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Bilbo vs. Smaug conversation by far. Smaug is evil and stuck-up and hilariously self-respecting, and just scary enough. Bilbo is half sarcastically, half tactfully flattering him while trying to avoid a lull in the conversation that could get him roasted. Utter genius.
It's also where my name comes from. Bilbo calls himself Barrel-rider, then Smaug ponders if Barrel was perhaps the name of Bilbo's pony what he et.

jrjhoe

Post#9 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:33 pm

I think I would go for the start.

All those Dwarves in Bilbo's hole, he just doesn't know what to do. That could become just a fantastic scene in the movie.

OversizedKenobi

Post#10 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:10 am

The clash of the five armies is what got me into playing table top games like warhammer..... can not wait to see that unfold on the silver screen. after this movie all i need is a live action starblazers movie to come out and all my childhood morning cartoons that have shaped me into the man i am today
(as pathetic as it is) :D ,will be complete!!

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”