Ron Perlman

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
milo

Ron Perlman

Post#1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Today I noticed on the IMDB website that Ron Perlman is rumored to have a role. I can see him as on of three characters, a dwarf (the complaining Bombour), the goblin chief in the Misty Mountains, or Beorn (the lycanthrope bear). Can anybody verify his involvement?

Gandalfs Beard

Ron Perlman

Post#2 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 pm

So far just rumours. But given his relationship with Del Toro he is likely to make an appearance. Given his classical training, I am not too concerned about him pulling off an accent.

GB

Beren

Ron Perlman

Post#3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:25 pm

IMDB is not reliable. It goes by rumors and the whims of the media. Of course, when official announcements are made, IMDB changes it's tune to match. So take everything on IMDB about an upcoming film with a grain of salt.

Show

Ron Perlman

Post#4 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:14 am

I think he should be Thorin.
Hey, if John Rys-Davies can be a dwarf, so can HellBoy.

zard0z

Ron Perlman

Post#5 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:04 pm

I could see him playing Beorn, quite easily...

Felagund

Ron Perlman

Post#6 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 am

If the rumour is true (which it probably isn't) I would say he looks kinda like a dwarf :roll: (If you happen to read this Ron I mean no offence by that I'm sure your a very tall bloke :shock: ) I wouldn't like him to be Beorn, and he certainly don't look like a Hobbit (he would be one mean looking Hobbit)

Ancaligon

Ron Perlman

Post#7 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 pm

I could definitely see Perlman as Beorn (who I DO hope makes it into The Hobbit), but I'm not sure whether I could see him as Bilbo or even a dwarf or elf. I think he'd make a passable Bard, as well as Beorn.
Consider:
http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-news/ron-perlman-325.jpg

Gandalfs Beard

Ron Perlman

Post#8 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:49 am

Welcome to the forum Ancaligon. I think Perlman would be a good Beorn too. Though I could see him as a Dwarf also 8-) .

GB

gollum's-gallstones

Ron Perlman

Post#9 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 pm

i mt god it's been about 10 years since I read The Hobbit, I forgot all the things in there, Does anyone remember growing up on those cartoons with the silly songs. The Rankin and Bass Cartoons, will DelToro make his elves look like that or will he stay close to the LotR trilogy look?

Gandalfs Beard

Ron Perlman

Post#10 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 pm

The cartoons keep popping up on different threads :P . I didn't care for the Rankin Bass animations very much. Purple Elves, wearing fruit ???? And other assorted strangeness :? . I prefer the Bakshi animated version of LotR.

You can expect Del Toro to stick fairly close to the look PJ designed to maintain continuity. Though he will have some leeway to establish his own take on things. And to come back to the topic of this thread, Del Toro will likely find a role for Ron Perlman ;) .

By the way, as a body part myself, I must express my amusement at your clever username Gollums Gallstones.

GB

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”