Should Legolas be in the Hobbit

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Joseph Dwarf

Post#101 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 am

You're totally right there Dwalin, Legolas was a right show off and poor Gimli made out to be less than he is (a hero). I don't really want to see him in the next, and I certainly don't want to see Bloom in the next! Elves need to share some of the glory with the Dwarves in the new Hobbit movies, defo.

Joseph Dwarf

Gandalfs Beard

Post#102 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 am

Well, even if he does make it in, his part will be much smaller than in LotR. There's only one of him and 13 Dwarves ;) .

GB

Joseph Dwarf

Post#103 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 am

Lolz, yeah I suppose! :lol: Maybe we'll get a wider range of Dwarf-personalities from Jackson this time.

On a different note, thinking about it, alot of the dwarves in the Hobbit are kind of foolish (save maybe Balin and Thorin), Bombir falls into the black stream and has to be carried and they all get outwitted by the Trolls (although they do it to help Bilbo). Hobbit is a different story though, because Gimili was kinda wise and suspicious (not like the film Gimli :roll: ) in the LotR whereas the Dwarves in the Hobbit are easily tricked, so maybe they will all be stupid again :lol:.

Joseph Dwarf

EstelofMirkwood

Post#104 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:02 pm

I would be pleased to see him again even if it's just a cameo appearance, I wouldn't put it past Peter Jackson to do that with other characters.

Gandalfs Beard

Post#105 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:20 am

Likely indeed Estel. ;)

GB

Eldorion

Post#106 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am

I'm okay with cameos so long as the characters in question had been born during the timeframe of The Hobbit (i.e., no Frodo, unless they use a framing device of Bilbo telling the story to kids), and would realistically be in the area (i.e., no Denethor). :roll:

Gandalfs Beard

Post#107 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:52 am

I concur Eldo. Cameos should be reasonable within established canon.

GB

Legolas Greenleaf

Post#108 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:32 am

yeah...just a cameo it doesn't matter!!!I just want to see him I need to see him I really want him!!!
you know what??HE SHOULD BE IN THE HOBBIT MOVIE!!! he is the king's son... I think it would be a little funny...
where the prince of a great realm could be during the story??? I think deltoro can bring Legolas back easily!
if he doesn't bring him I would kill myself!!!I'm not kidding... :x ;)

Eldorion

Post#109 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 am

Legolas Greenleaf wrote:where the prince of a great realm could be during the story??? I think deltoro can bring Legolas back easily!

I really hope they don't go overboard with how much screentime he gets. And no surfing, please. :evil:

if he doesn't bring him I would kill myself!!!I'm not kidding... :x ;)

It's just a movie.

Gandalfs Beard

Post#110 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 am

But Legolas, you just got here. It would be a shame for you to depart this mortal coil so soon. :(

GB

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”