WHITE COUNCIL WILL WRECK HOBBIT

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Odo Banks

Post#1 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:14 pm

I believe that if The White Council is in The Hobbit Movie, it will wreck it. The Hobbit is (nearly) all about Bilbo. Keep it that way. What do fans think?

Odo

Cbernui

Post#2 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Odo Banks wrote:I believe that if The White Council is in The Hobbit Movie, it will wreck it. The Hobbit is (nearly) all about Bilbo. Keep it that way. What do fans think?

Odo
I say make a good movie that follows the book well, and if they could fit something in about the White Council great! We have to remember this is going to be two movies.

Eldorion

Post#3 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:18 pm

I agree with Odo entirely. They're making movies called The Hobbit, so in my opinion they should adapt the story of The Hobbit, not throw together two or more stories from the same time period. In other words, just make The Hobbit instead of The Prequel to PJ's LOTR. Please. :)

Eldorion

Post#4 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:20 pm

The problem though, Cbernui, is that if they put in something about the White Council they won't be following the book regardless of how many movies there are.

Cbernui

Post#5 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Eldorion wrote:The problem though, Cbernui, is that if they put in something about the White Council they won't be following the book regardless of how many movies there are.
If the White Council is going to in anyway change the story I don't think it should be in the movie.

Eldorion

Post#6 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Well, I guess it depends on what you consider a change. Adding the White Council will not automatically change the details of the story told in the book, but it will change the overall story told in the films by introducing a parallel storyline to the main one of Bilbo.

Cbernui

Post#7 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:52 pm

[quote="Eldorion":1u8y8g2i]Well, I guess it depends on what you consider a change. Adding the White Council will not automatically change the details of the story told in the book, but it [i:1u8y8g2i]will[/i:1u8y8g2i] change the overall story told in the films by introducing a parallel storyline to the main one of Bilbo.[/quote:1u8y8g2i]I think the only story told in The Hobbit should be The Hobbit. There should not be any parallel stories told in the movie.

Eldorion

Post#8 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Then we are agreed. :mrgreen:

Odo Banks

Post#9 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:02 pm

I suspected you'd be on side with this Eldorion. I also think you'd agree that The Hobbit has its own feel and atmosphere, quite different to LOTR with its parrallel storylines and many Protagonists. I really hate any thought of The Hobbit becoming a 'prelude" to LOTR (the book or movie) as such. It wasn't a 'prelude": LOTR was an afterthought (albeit a rather tasty one!) The tone of TH is very different and the film should reflect this. Bilbo knew nothing of 'larger" matters - nor should we (you know what I mean!!)

I'm glad you've seen reason, Cbernui.

"VOTE NO! TO PARRALEL STORYLINES!"

Odo

And yes, there's still plenty of story to make two movies without the White Council! (It might even be done properly leaving nothing out - Excelsior!)

Eldorion

Post#10 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:13 pm

However did you guess, Odo? :lol: I agree with you about The Hobbit NOT being a prequel. I'm not particularly optimistic though, largely for reasons set out in this thread.

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”