Who Would You Play in The Hobbit Movie?

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Gandalfs Beard

Post#1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:15 am

Well, as we are busy derailing Bilbo's casting thread (what else is new :lol: ), I thought maybe I should actually start a proper thread for this topic :roll: .

So let me give this a whirl to get things started. First, it's kind of hard--being a beard (attached to Gandalf's Face)--to be anything but a prop (maybe a mop). But if I could be something (someone) else, who would I be? Taking into account my natural padded (and shortish) figure (in human form), I suppose I could rather see myself as Bilbo. Though no doubt I am more suited to play one of the less brilliant Dwarves.

Ideally though, I'd rather play Gandalf's Brain :mrgreen: .

GB

Odo Banks

Post#2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:55 am

I'm not sure that would work visually though... Del Toro might show his brain, I guess...? What have you heard?

If you're short, GB, you might be a better choice for Bilbo than me. I'm far too handsome to be a dwarf, so that's out. Does anyone know what Itaril will look like?

I suppose I could be the Mayor of Lake Town. I guess I could be cynical enough. Or Bard. He was bird brain too... no... he had a brain for birds... don't we all, come to think of it......

Tinuviel for an Elf Maid, especially if Arwen is in it. She'd have the perfect nose for it, I've heard, and she already has a beatiful Elvish quality about her.

Eldorion could be Elrond, what with his knowledge of Lore (though he might be too authentic for Del Toro's taste!)

Those Scots chaps - dwarves obviously. Mr Tyrant for Thorin (has that irascibility). Hail Manwe for Balin?

Lester Cat: a goblin... no... a Warg (close enough to Cats, surely!)

Yes, I know. This is supposed to be about what we think we should be, not what other people think we should be - I just can't help myself! Sorry!

Eldorion

Post#3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:36 am

Odo Banks wrote:Eldorion could be Elrond, what with his knowledge of Lore (though he might be too authentic for Del Toro's taste!)

Ooh, I wouldn't mind that. :D Especially if I could convince del Toro to give up the eyebrows. :mrgreen:

Odo Banks

Post#4 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 am

I did say 'authentic'! If you say he had no eyebrows (and you study these things) then he shouldn't have eyebrows! (Um....were the eyebrows something to do with Elrond being half-elven?)

Eldorion

Post#5 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:38 pm

:lol: I could live with some eyebrows, just not movie-Elrond's mutant Vulcan ones.

Gandalfs Beard

Post#6 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Are you kidding??? Those are awesome :mrgreen: . The Vulcans got 'em from the Elves, not the other way 'round.

GB

Eldorion

Post#7 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:01 pm

I could possibly live with them so long as I don't have to say "Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..." Agent Elrond indeed!

:P

Gandalfs Beard

Post#8 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 pm

You know, I had the same reaction first time I saw Weaving in the part :lol: . But now I can't imagine anyone else in the part (except you of course ;) ).

GB

Joseph Dwarf

Post#9 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:26 pm

I'd play Sting, Bilbo's sword, think of the action you'd have cutting up spiders and so on!

Gandalf's beard, maybe you could play a particular wizards facial hair, I'm trying to think of his name, what was it, I think it begins with a G... :lol:

As for Odo, I think you might make a good Thorin with all your sarcasm and cynicism :).

Btw I have started a new thread on the LotR forum, please give me some feedback :) .

JD

Tinuviel

Post#10 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:43 pm

Why thank you Odo I'm flattered :oops: :mrgreen: But I could picture myself as being a very angry person, perhaps Smaug! I seem to always play a rather angry, intimidating person in whatever play I'm in. Or a feisty elf maiden perhaps who is unhospitable to the wandering dwarves :) But if this isn't gender specific, I'd like to be Smaug. I like dragons :D :ugeek:

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”