The Hobbit 2.

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Elladan

The Hobbit 2.

Post#1 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:49 am

I am almost certain I should have posted this in a prexisting thread. But I havent been particularly active recently so. I dont really know whats going on and where. Anyway.

Do you think the hobbit films will be titled as, part 1 and part 2 or will someone get creative and try to come up with a title for each part.

My suggestions would be, part one as The hobbit, There. and part two as The hobbit, and back again. Ofc I am joking.

Incidentaly who thinks the second film should open with Smaugs decent onto Erebor? I would be interested to see his actual purge of the mountain. And it fits with the vision of expanding the main story.

Bargolwash

The Hobbit 2.

Post#2 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:12 am

movie one: The Hobbit
movie two: There and Back Again

it would be simple, yet fair. just an idea

Belebor

The Hobbit 2.

Post#3 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:06 pm

seems to me they may work "Battle of the 5 Armies"
into it somewhere....to make it sound more badass.

Eldorion

The Hobbit 2.

Post#4 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Elladan wrote:Do you think the hobbit films will be titled as, part 1 and part 2 or will someone get creative and try to come up with a title for each part.

I think the first one will be called The Hobbit and the second will have its own name, or perhaps it's own subtitle (i.e., The Hobbit: ____). I really don't know, but I doubt it'll just be part 1 and part 1.

Incidentaly who thinks the second film should open with Smaugs decent onto Erebor? I would be interested to see his actual purge of the mountain. And it fits with the vision of expanding the main story.

You mean a flashback to when he first came there? That could be quite interesting ... somewhat like the flashback to the finding of the Ring in The Return of the King. It could definitely work, though I'm not entirely fond with the whole notion of expansion to begin with.

Eldorion

The Hobbit 2.

Post#5 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Bargolwash wrote:movie one: The Hobbit
movie two: There and Back Again

I don't think There and Back Again would work for the second movie because the "There" part has already been done and it's just being at the destination and then returning. I suppose they could call the first movie There and the second one Back Again for an overall title of There and Back Again though. :lol:

chris63

The Hobbit 2.

Post#6 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:43 pm

part 1. There

part 2. and back. :lol: :D :roll:

Katya

The Hobbit 2.

Post#7 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:17 am

Hey, guys!
I'm looking for the official " Hobbit, the " website. Does anybody can help me?

Eldorion

The Hobbit 2.

Post#8 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:13 am

Hi Katya! It's a bit premature for there to be an official site of any substance yet since the first film's projected release date is still over two years away. The closest thing that I am aware of is The Official Movie Blog though that hasn't been updated in about 18 months. Right now fansites are the best place to get news and rumouurs about The Hobbit. In addition to this site theonering.net is pretty good too.

I hope you'll stick around here and discuss The Hobbit, LOTR, Middle-earth, Tolkien, and more. It can be pretty fun. :mrgreen:

Bargolwash

The Hobbit 2.

Post#9 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:30 pm

I was thinking maybe they'll call the first one The Hobbit, and the second one a chapter title. The Gathering of the Clouds would seem like a decent title from a chapter name.

demonslyr

The Hobbit 2.

Post#10 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:20 pm

I guess it would be better if The Hobbit was made into two movies, but it just doesn't feel right for some reason...

Haha. Don't mind me. :P

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”