IS BEORN INCLUDED IN MOVIE?WHO SHOULD PLAY HIM

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
sauron0330

Post#1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:55 am

Ive heard rumors that this character is not going to be in The Hobbit,mostly because there is no casting call for the character,I personally am hoping Del Toro has someone already locked up for the part that will suprise us all therefor no casting call.
How does everyone feel regarding the exemption of this character if it happens?
Who would you cast in the part?

Eldorion

Post#2 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:42 am

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Gandalfs Beard

Post#3 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm sure I remember an interview in which DT said Beorn would be in the film.

Terminator Beorn :? ?

GB

Eldorion

Post#4 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm

As the Dwarves and Bilbo go to sleep Beorn leaves to check out the goblin situation in the Misty Mountains and says....

"I'll be back."
:P

sauron0330

Post#5 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Im pretty sure that Arnold wont be making the trip to New Z what with him governing a state that is broke beyond belief,though maybe he could use the money to pay his staff.In all seriousness I think this would be one of the hardest roles to fill.Ive gone back and forth and believe perhaps someone like Michael Duncan Clark{John Coffey in The Green Mile} might be suited for the role.Opinions?

brandywine64

Post#6 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Ron Perlman should play Beorn! He's perfect! Perlman has the kind of outstanding acting ability, deep voice, tough, bad ass screen presence, and ties to Hobbit director Guillermo del Toro (Perlman starred in the Hellboy movies) for the role of Beorn in the Hobbit.

sauron0330

Post#7 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 am

actually I like your idea of pearlman,never saw the hellboy movies but liked him in aliens 4

brandywine64

Post#8 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:32 am

Ron Perlman is fantastic in Hellboy and Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which featured fantasy film characters such as elves, goblins, and trolls. I highly recommend both Hellboy movies --- once you watch them, you'll see what I mean about Perlman being perfect for the role of Beorn. Perlman was quoted as saying that it would be nice to appear in The Hobbit and he would be glad to play any part Guillermo del Toro asked of him.

pettytyrant101

Post#9 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:28 am

Good call on Perlman- he would be an excellent choice. Was trying to think of his name yesterday - was thinking of City of Lost Children, which I watched recently- and just couldn't remember the name so thanks for putting me out my misery. If he has the part his close association with Del Toro might explain the lack of casting for Beorn. I hope so, if they are splitting the book in 2 no reason to leave anyone important out.

Gandalfs Beard

Post#10 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Yes, on the last Beorn thread (languishing somewhere on page 3 :roll: ) Perlman was considered a shoe-in for the part. As long as he gets the accent right (he's Shakespearean so shouldn't be a problem).

Probably more typecasting here after all his work in the Potter films, but Robbie Coltrane wouldn't be bad either.

GB

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”