THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Gamaliel

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#1 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:33 am

My redoubtable brother, Odo has agreed to write the Hobbit Movie script. Indeed, I am so pleased, I have agreed to make this broadcast (Odo is far too humble to broadcast it himself). Now, Odo has not decided exactly when he is going to start, but I'm sure all you Sailors of the Vulgar Threads will be clapping your hands for joy. I have agreed to channel Tolkien directly when text and film cannot meet eye to eye. Some communing with JRRT to get his advice will be necessary. Even Purists know that - and no doubt expect it of me! Further: Mirabella will design costumes and Biffo will look after the stuntspeople. At this stage, Pettytyrant will Direct. (((((Erm... You'll be directing, Mr Tyrant!)))))

Bravo, I say. Bravo! :mrgreen:

Odo Banks

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#2 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:44 am

(((((

Why on earth did I agree to do this....? Oh well. Where to start? Oh I know! Where's my dog-eared beloved venerated much read Hobbit now? Mmm... Oh, here by my side like it has always been... Let me see... "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..." Can't do better than that! Glad the Spell of Encryption's on - Bracket-5, good! A brilliant mind needs to protect his brilliant thoughts from thought-thieves. Can't be too careful. Where was I? Oh yes: "In a hole in the ground..." So great for the voice-over... Sam's voice... Yes, perfect... just the kind of thing the Professor would approve... Aerial shot maybe as Sam narrates...over Hobbiton.... Bywater... doesn't really matter... The Water. Of course. Must have The Water - the fans will be looking for that. I know I will be. Yep! Coming along nicely already... The Hill... even the Party Tree...why not? It's just a tree and should be there...down the hillside somewhere....Yaaaawn... Hard work this..... I could do with a beer... Mmmmmmm....beer... "Hey you idiotic children! I'm going to the fridge! [b:1c3oor7b]I'M STILL ON THE COMPUTER! [/b:1c3oor7b]Don't touch it while I'm gone.... Bloody kids...."

)))))

pettytyrant101

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#3 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:24 am

Excedllent plan Odo. Of course I will direct and shout a lot free of charge! This is all the work of the Valar you know. Wheels within wheels.

Gandalfs Beard

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#4 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:15 pm

Shouldn't you be editing your book ODO? :P

GB

Nagual

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#5 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:32 pm

As well as getting PT to Direct, may I suggest you ask him to Edit too, as he made several re-edits of PJ's efforts in an attempt to bring them closer to the Original Story. considering he only had the released films inc Directors Cuts then I say he did a fair job.

Gamaliel

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#6 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Shush, you guys... Odo is deep in contemplation... I will let him out to play with you on the Vulgar Threads on his breaks, but I can't let you bother him while his creatively adaptative juices are flowing! Script writing is a serious business. Zillions of fans rely on him doing a brilliant job! Sticking to the book text do simplify to some degree...!

Odo Banks

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#7 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

(((((

....nice brew this.... "Hey! Primmy! Why did you have to pick these Shire Holidays to look after your niece and nephew...? Oh will you tell them to be a little quieter! You know what I'm doing is seriously important! I am NOT SHOUTING at you!" ... Can't think... but nice brew... and the Longbottom Leaf is peculiarly strong... maybe it's the beer and the pipeweed together making me drowsy...or the stress.. Mustn't let the fans down... Now where was I? Oh yes, here we are: Gandalf walks up as Bilbo is opening his letters, casts him in his shadow... Ah! We only see him from the back to begin with! So we have him standing in the sunshine now... Camera pans up from lower part of the wizard over his grey gown (what is it called now? robe, cloak... simple word too, can't think of it just now...oh the agonies of being a great scriptwriter...)... First we see tip of Gandalfs beard. Pan on up. Gandalf seems enormously tall. We see Ian McKellen's face, his keen amused gaze bearing down... Flash back to Bilbo as he looks up in surprise... Back to Gandalf: "Good morning...."... Empty again? Mustn't rush things... "PRIMMY! CAN YOU SHUT THOSE KIDS UP! Bloody Shire Holidays!" I must send out for more beer. However am I going to keep going without refreshment? OhI can't remember the typeface of my dog-eared beloved venerated much read Hobbit being quite so blurry...

)))))

Tinuviel

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#8 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:58 pm

HOLD ON!!!!!!! This shouldn't be a "BANKS FAMILY ONLY" project! And if it is the will of the Valar, then i have a mind to change it!!!! IIII will direct the Hobbit! hahaha! :twisted: AND IT WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Odo Banks

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#9 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:03 pm

(((((

Bloomin' Valar!

)))))

Oh hello Tin. I don't know, but it was me who AGREED to do this. I mean, Wisey channelled the Professor and as far as I can tell the Professor wanted me, and as the Professor invented the Valar... well, do you know what I'm sayin'? This is going to be a 'Right' Script - not any of that Liberal (Wrong) rubbish! :D

pettytyrant101

THE HOBBIT SCRIPT

Post#10 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Got a suggestion Odo from reading the open pages- how about you start with the narration of the opening paragraph as you suggest- but camera ends up right outside the door of Bag End on the words-"and that means comfort". The door opens and the camera enters like an invited guest. Growing louder as the camera moves through Bag End is Bilbo humming an early version of the Road goes ever on. Bilbo is in his kitchen- drying his breakfast dishes, hinting that he is comfortable and a little boring. He goes out into the hall, selects his favourite smoking pipe from the rack (that goes all the way down to his toes) and looks a little wistfully at a map of the Shire on his wall (beyond the Shire it is just white) Mutters "Maybe one day" and then he stands on his front step to take in the morning air and have a pipe- then Gandalf appears.
All this leaves out is the bit about his mother and Tooks- it keeps the 'description' of Bag End intact. And all it adds is the map bit to hint at the adventurous Took lurking within which the actual opening text deals with. What you think?

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”