Gandalf not happy

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
chris63

Gandalf not happy

Post#1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:40 pm

Sir Ian is not happy with all the delays, hope he doesnt pull out.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hobbit-Mo ... 5889428477

Eldorion

Gandalf not happy

Post#2 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:46 pm

He seemed quite excited, but I wouldn't blame him if he dropped out. There's only so long that you can expect talented artists to sit around and turn down all other work offers so they can keep their schedule clear so they can hopefully make your movie at some point in the future. GDT was the first (prominent) casualty of that, and I won't be surprised if there are more, especially as MGM is in negotiations to get yet another debt extension, meaning they have even longer to delay resolving their financial situation, meaning it will be even longer till there is a green-light.

Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that it was 'confirmed' that filming would begin in November 2010 and the first part would be out in December 2012? :P

chris63

Gandalf not happy

Post#3 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Hope he doesnt drop out, wouldnt be the same. Like you said Eldarion, you couldnt blame him :( :(

Durin

Gandalf not happy

Post#4 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:18 am

I would be extremely disappointed. He brought such magic and life to the films, and portrayed Gandalf just as I imagined him to be. :D

Could I blame him? Well, I don't think he'll leave...

"It never happened..except somewhere in our hearts. And yet, there was Hobbiton in three dimensions and smoke coming out of the holes where they live underground. And I believed."

From such strong words, I would highly doubt Sir Ian would leave such a place which he seems to love so much, and I can understand why. ;)

EDIT: 200th Post! Woo-hoo! :lol:

And such a great quote in it. It seems fitting to be the 200th. :D

Tinuviel

Gandalf not happy

Post#5 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 am

And didn't he say he was trying to add some of Tolkiens personality into the character??? He did! AND IT WAS GENIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He can't back out now...
No, he won't. If he does, then I don't see a point in making it....

Odo Banks

Gandalf not happy

Post#6 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:40 am

.. no point making it??......Yaaaaaaaay! :D

Gandalfs Beard

Gandalf not happy

Post#7 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:46 am

:shock: You know Odo... :x *sputter*...I've just about :evil: ...had it with that sort of talk! *goes off to sulk*

GB

Odo Banks

Gandalf not happy

Post#8 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:20 am

If we don't make the movie, we'll still have the book! :D That's all we've ever had ---- mind, we still have the Hobbit (Forum) Script... I think the Rights will be up for sale soon the way things are going... and probably cheap... We might just be making it ourselves! Yaaaaaaaay! 8-)

Aule

Gandalf not happy

Post#9 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:11 am

He He, I reserve prop/set/character Design! :lol:

pettytyrant101

Gandalf not happy

Post#10 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:48 am

When I first heard the radio plays I thought Michael Hordern was the perfect Gandalf, (and he would have looked the part), then I saw Bakshi's film and thought the Gandalf in it had a 'quick to anger' quality that I really liked, then I saw FotR and thought that Ian Mckellen was an excellent Gandalf. My point is it might not be as hard a role to fill as you might think if he does leave the production. I suspect if you pick a decent actor with the right voice the beard and the pointy hat does a lot of the rest!

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”