The Arkenstone

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Baron Ironfang

The Arkenstone

Post#1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:56 pm

I may well have the [size=200][color=#BF0080]Arkenstone[/color][/size] in sight :D :D :D :D

However, I may keep it to myself; I am not sure what I will do with it, if I get it.

If I do get it, I will possibly share it with Sir Eldorion as he has shown the most nobility on the forum.

I will not be in back in Forumland until I get the arkenstone or until the next full moon.

Baron Ironfang of Northholt Futura.

Eldorion

The Arkenstone

Post#2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Fare thee well, Baron!

Ally

The Arkenstone

Post#3 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 am

Don't disrespect Thorin! (Give me some plunder, if you do find his body mind).

Baron Ironfang

The Arkenstone

Post#4 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:48 am

[size=200]I got the Arkenstone,[/size]

Today I managed to get in on the interview with Sylvester McCoy in Dunoon Stadium. A reporter friend who had a personal slot with him asked a question on my behalf, "Is it true that you are going to be cast in the Hobbit as Bilbo?" I also got my picture taken with him and his autograph for my son who is sick in bed today.

Well, what did he answer? I am keeping his answer under wraps until given permission by the reporter, which will be this week some time. The news is good but unexpected.

Baron Ironfang

Baron Ironfang

The Arkenstone

Post#5 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:51 am

[size=200]Yahoo, quicker than I thought:[/size]

Mr McCoy told the Standard that contrary to widespread internet rumours, he's not vying for the role of Bilbo in The Hobbit (due to start filming next year) - but is one of two actors being considered for one of the wizard parts.
"I am being cast in The Hobbit," he said. "We're currently in negotiations - there are two of us under consideration. It's not the Bilbo role, but could be bigger."

For the whole interview go here:

http://www.dunoon-observer.com/index.ph ... g-new-role

Baron Ironfang

The Arkenstone

Post#6 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:18 am

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/HawkeyeTheNoo/augfamily003.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/HawkeyeTheNoo/augfamily002.jpg[/img]

Eldorion

The Arkenstone

Post#7 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:37 am

Very interesting, Baron. 8-) You should post this in the Breaking News forum too. :D

pettytyrant101

The Arkenstone

Post#8 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:41 am

Congrats Baron- that saves me the trouble of having to stalk him all afternoon. Best put away the ninja costume and the sleeping darts then...

One of the wizard parts! There is only Gandalf, Saruman or Radagast, and Saruman would be most likely given the age of Lee and his unwillingness to travel-unless they've made up some big part for Radagast to play in events.

Odo Banks

The Arkenstone

Post#9 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:21 am

That McCoy guy sure looks like Bilbo! Can he act?

brego

The Arkenstone

Post#10 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 am

This is an old weird one, but got me thinking. I loved the way the Arkenstone was portrayed in the film and the strange effect along with Saurons ring it had on Thror in his magnificent treasury. What are your thoughts on The Heart Of The Mountain and its portrayal in the movie.

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”