Bilbo the Brave? From TORn

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Ringdrotten

Post#1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:38 am

Here's some interesting news! http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/09 ... more-38409

Some nice info in there, some talk of production starting in January! Probably not true, as with most Hobbit movie news, but one can still hope :)

Some stuff there though, that I did not like:

"And, inadvertently, we know of a possible change to the plot. The character summary says:

although . . . he doesn’t have huge courage he does become, particularly in the last battle, very brave."

I hope they don't make a big warrior out of Bilbo, that would be silly. Hopefully, this part of the article will prove false :P

Odo Banks

Post#2 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:26 am

shudder shudder shake

Eldorion

Post#3 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:05 am

Ringdrotten wrote:"And, inadvertently, we know of a possible change to the plot. The character summary says:

although . . . he doesn’t have huge courage he does become, particularly in the last battle, very brave."

Is anyone seriously surprised by this? I can understand hoping that the writers would be more faithful but after the validation they received from LOTR, did anyone really think they would be able to restrain themselves this time?

Ringdrotten

Post#4 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:09 am

Well, not surprised, I had expected them to give Bilbo more to do in the final battle, but I had hoped they wouldn't. Bilbo just isn't a soldier, I hope they will realise how stupid it will look, and leave it out :P

Eldorion

Post#5 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 am

I'm thinking of something the guy in your avatar said, Ringdrotten, about hope and fools. :P

(All in good fun. ;) )

pettytyrant101

Post#6 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:28 am

Maybe like the Arwen/Helm's Deep debacle they will realize their folly before its too late (and hopefully this time before they waste a chunk of the budget and filming time on nonsense like this- have they learned nothing? I'm starting to wonder if they even read the book or if they just got someone to give them a rough outline so they could make up the rest themselves.)

Ringdrotten

Post#7 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:29 am

Eldorion wrote:I'm thinking of something the guy in your avatar said, Ringdrotten, about hope and fools. :P

(All in good fun. ;) )

Spot-on, I guess :lol:

Eldorion

Post#8 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 am

pettytyrant101 wrote:have they learned nothing?

They've learned that they're able to make billions of dollars while disregarding faithfulness to the core characters and themes of the book. ;)

pettytyrant101

Post#9 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 pm

I still hold deep in my heart Eldo that this is a cause of once bitten, twice shy.
Having been largely bored senseless by RotK maybe the public will be more wary of TH now! And rightly so.

Ally

Post#10 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Here's some interesting news! http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/09 ... more-38409

Some nice info in there, some talk of production starting in January! Probably not true, as with most Hobbit movie news, but one can still hope :)

Some stuff there though, that I did not like:

"And, inadvertently, we know of a possible change to the plot. The character summary says:

I hope they don't make a big warrior out of Bilbo, that would be silly. Hopefully, this part of the article will prove false :P

They can't have Bilbo fighting- it would look so weird! Like in TRK, where Pippin or Merry kills that ORK. Except he would be, in the middle of a full scale battle fighting, Men twice his size! :cry: I mean it says in the first chapter that he is a burger- don't mess this up Jackson!

I hope this doesn't happen, if it does, it may very well spoil the movie for me.

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”