PJ takes gloves off

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
chris63

PJ takes gloves off

Post#1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:40 pm

pettytyrant101

PJ takes gloves off

Post#2 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:09 am

Sounds like war to me! OZ v NZ whose everyone backing? Got to go with NZ myself (sorry Odo) but always tend to favour the little guy.

Ringdrotten

PJ takes gloves off

Post#3 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 am

Well, you know I'll side with Jackson of course, hope he mops the floor with those a**wipes :D

pettytyrant101

PJ takes gloves off

Post#4 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:33 am

Balin Banks

PJ takes gloves off

Post#5 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm

I have had nothing to do with the dispute, nor most Australians. It appears to be a small group of leaders in a joint Oz-NZ union. Though if an Australian union is bullying a NZ union, then that's not very nice, precious. As to the movie at risk of moving to Europe, I would imagine it would be more expensive to make there (though the scenery might be actually more LotRingish!) It is a complicated matter by the sounds of it. PJ is being a Spin Doctor for some reason. Are (some?) NZ Actors in a union or not? I shall be watching this debate very closely! Though I might dip my toe in the debate by asking: Isn't moviemaking (at PJ's level) a profit making business, and so a legitimate area where individual workers (actors in this case) can act collectively with a view to not being bullied or disadvantaged (or ripped off) by rich Robber Barons? Oz and NZ are like brothers - we're the ANZACs for God's sake. Of course, we must fight together against tyranny (real or percieved!)

Balin Banks

PJ takes gloves off

Post#6 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:10 pm

An interesting aspect has occurred to me. PJ is a New Zealander who has made huge profits using his home country (where costs are not too high) and his countrymen/women as workers (not too expensive workers), all the time being financed by huge powerful America - where the huge bulk of profits go. America is sucking up the juices of yet another country again - indeed, in a sense becoming rulers (Robber Barons?) over the country. I shall henceforth call PJ "Quisling" I think!

Ringdrotten

PJ takes gloves off

Post#7 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Balin Banks wrote:"Quisling"

Ah, the great shame of our country :x

Balin Banks

PJ takes gloves off

Post#8 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 pm

I saw it on TV! It's on our news! Quisling is threatening to move The Hobbit offshore. F*****g Robber Baron! Good on you, Unions. Stand up to him!

Grey Pilgrim

PJ takes gloves off

Post#9 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Odo the Conservative-Communist. Do you take anything seriously?

Balin Banks

PJ takes gloves off

Post#10 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 pm

This is the problem with being anything. I don't like ideologues and I am slightly dubious of anyone identifying themselves as a devotee of some "ism", no matter the brand, religious or purely political. Just because PJ says Unions are wrong, does not mean they're wrong. Btw I'm not taking sides yet - I don't know enough about the issues. I just don't want to jump on the PJ bandwagon and say: "Ooh those bad Australian Unionists!" just because PJ is PJ and that means everything he says is correct. It is a complicated issue. As a former Union shop steward, I know these disputes are never as straight forward as one might think. But being a former shop steward, does not mean immediately that unions are always right. Clear thinking, mate. Let's listen and learn and then make our judgments on that basis.

Grey Pilgrim wrote:Odo the Conservative-Communist. Do you take anything seriously?

Who is the smart-arse here?

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”