more bad news

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
chris63

more bad news

Post#1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Eldorion

more bad news

Post#2 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 pm

I used to go on an on about how The Hobbit would be made somehow cause it's guaranteed money in the bank, but it's looking more possible now that it could end up in the junk yard of dead movie projects. And ... I don't really feel sad at the prospect. :|

chris63

more bad news

Post#3 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Think you could be right Eldo (not for the last time)
Peter might just throw his hands in the air and say, to hell with it all. :cry: :cry:

Balin Banks

more bad news

Post#4 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:23 am

PJ is not a poor man. If he throws up his hands because people are asking for a fair deal, good riddance. This may all be for the best. Give it five years and someone may be able to film The Hobbit (either as live action or super-magical animation) as it should be filmed. Not as a Prequel and not as a Re-imagined spectacular aimed at the masses (mainly non-readers!) PJ is a fat cat. Clearly he has forgotten the Little People!

Jolly Cotton

more bad news

Post#5 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am

I know for a fact that several actors from LOTR have complained openly about not making much money off the films. In contrast, the films made Peter Jackson rich (plus set him up to other blockbuster films, which made him even richer). I'm not saying that he didn't deserve this money- I'm saying it's fairly obvious that some actors got a raw deal out of filming LOTR.

So basically this whole conflict arose, trying to get the best possible deal for non-union NZ actors, and I have no problem with this. But of course that may not the the unions intention, and if that is the case then I am pretty annoyed at the whole thing.

pettytyrant101

more bad news

Post#6 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:53 am

If the workers are getting shafted and PJ and the studio are running off with all the cash and all the glory then fair enough. Much as I love Tolkien I'd rather it not go ahead than its made by exploiting people.

Besides this is all still going to plan- the end result will be no PJ and coven, different studio and 1 film sticking to the book minus WC. I have seen it!

Ringdrotten

more bad news

Post#7 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:57 am

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .........

:cry:

pettytyrant101

more bad news

Post#8 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 am

What? This is good news Ringdrotten! Trust in the Tyrant. It only seems like bad news.
This is Sam carrying Frodo up the slope of Mount Doom whilst Aragorn leads his army to certain death before the Black Gate, the turning point approaches and good will come from evil.
PJ, having succumbed to the lure of the Ring merchandising franchise and set himself up as a new Directorial Dark Lord is trying to exploit his fellow people to secure his grip upon the land of Hollywood and all its gold. He must be cast down!

Balin Banks

more bad news

Post#9 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Isn't this beginning to sound like a "eucatastrophe"? :D

pettytyrant101

more bad news

Post#10 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Thank you Balin. I couldn't remember how to spell it! :oops: And settled for the rather lame 'turning-point' but you have discerned my meaning precisely.

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”