Bard; who would you cast?

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
brado1

Post#1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:39 pm

my pick would be Michael Fassbender

[img]http://s3.media.squarespace.com/production/465215/5307878/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/300pubc.jpg[/img]

I've seen his name several times attached to the Hobbit, but never a role mentioned.

who'd you pick for the role?

Eldorion

Post#2 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 pm

I haven't given this much thought, but I think Robert Downey, Jr. might be cool in the role. I liked him in Iron Man, Tropic Thunder, and Sherlock Holmes. I think those films demonstrated an impressive variety in terms of the roles he can play. 8-) If I think more I might come up with an actor I'd prefer, though. :ugeek:

pettytyrant101

Post#3 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 am

I don't know Michael Fassbender-not seen Inglorious yet, so had to google him. He looks the part and I think it might be a nice touch if the men of Laketown had a Germanic accent.

A decent actor Downey- might be a bit short for Bard who I always thought of as tall- but then in a film like TH where they will be mucking about with scale all the time I don't suppose that's an issue. I certainly would not be disappointed if he was cast.

Ringdrotten

Post#4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:07 am

I'm with Petty; I don't think Downey Jr looks the part either, but his acting is good, so if they cast him I won't mind. If it was up to me though, I'd cast an unknown actor I think (a good one of course). Keep the famous faces in a minority if possible :)

Odo Banks

Post#5 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:18 pm

What about Ellen Degeneris? Warrior-Lesbian-maiden --- very Post Modern. (PJ hasn't tried Post Modern yet -- something fresh?)

(((This is my second "Alternative Sexuality" reference in two consecutive posts. :? Are my proclivities showing? And my whole life I thought I knew what my firm proclivities were! :shock: )))

(((I am writing poetry as my creative outlet at the moment -- that's where this will be coming from --- f*#^!&%g catharsis!!!! :x :x :x )))

pettytyrant101

Post#6 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:56 pm

"PJ hasn't tried Post Modern yet"- Odo

Incredibly, yes he has- Arwen at Helm's Deep but even he realized he had gone way too far.

Mirabella Banks

Post#7 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Now if I leaned that way --- and I don't! --- Arwen could put her dainty shoes under my bed any time --- not that i would let her! --- and i certainly would not catch it on my video player! --- and i'd be careful to keep it under lock and key if i did! ---

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

--- oh yes ---as to her being at Helm's Deep, I'm not sure that would be Post Modern, just silly --- and, of course, being silly, it makes me wonder why he took it out??? :?

Noom Chevaline

Post#8 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I agreee that Fasbender looks the part to a degree; I just imagine archers as having sparrow legs and massivly muscled arms and shoulders. Fasbender is a bit wiry. :?

Gandalfs Beard

Post#9 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:07 am

Odo Banks wrote:What about Ellen Degeneris? Warrior-Lesbian-maiden --- very Post Modern. (PJ hasn't tried Post Modern yet -- something fresh?)

(((This is my second "Alternative Sexuality" reference in two consecutive posts. :? Are my proclivities showing? And my whole life I thought I knew what my firm proclivities were! :shock: )))

(((I am writing poetry as my creative outlet at the moment -- that's where this will be coming from --- f*#^!&%g catharsis!!!! :x :x :x )))

I like it. 8-)

With that in mind, there is only ONE woman for the part of course...Lucy Lawless--Xena as Bard. :mrgreen:

So, whaddya all think eh?

GB

pettytyrant101

Post#10 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:56 am

Mmmmm, Lucy Lawless. :twisted: Xena days yes, running about in leather with a (very) close female companion. But oddly since she's taken to wandering around a dodgy teenage boys wet dream version of Rome I've lost interest- less is more!!

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”