Hobbit Trailer

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Indis

Hobbit Trailer

Post#101 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Or perhaps Jackson's Necrodancer turns out to be... Tauriel!

Haha, you aren't underestimating the power of P. Jackson's imagination - that's for sure! ;)

Well, I just stumbled upon a survey about "Hobbit" movie on the biggest movie forums (kind of IMDB substitute) in my country and the results are quite interesting. Majority declared that they read the book. I thought I'll share some of the answers with you.

Most of the people voted Kili, Fili, Ori and Nori as the worst looking dwarves (based on trailer and available photos). Thorin, Oin, Balin and Dwalin were chosen to be the best looking. Thus being said I see that people wouldn't want to see many experiments and prefer the Dwarves to be similar to Gimli from LOTR (shall we say "classic" Dwarf?).

When it comes to particular scenes in the movies - most people look forward to The Battle of Five Armies, Bilbo meeting Gollum and the events in Mirkwood. Necromancer, Dol Guldur,  White Council - those keywords were often voted the most interesting. So we can say that people want to link "The Hobbit" story with the events from LOTR and would like to see some affiliation. I guess the trailer had some impact on the answers - people are curious about the additional scenes that weren't in the book (70% declared an interest). More than 80% of voters is looking forward to see many great batalistic scenes.

There was a question about various aspects of the movie and their importance (music, screenplay, costumes, actors' skills, CGI, landscapes, sound and LOTR atmosphere). Majority (73%) chose "LOTR atmosphere" to be very important for them, with screenplay and music being second and third most popular. The least popular was CGI - computer effects were chosen to be one of the most important aspects for 30% of voters.

100% of voters said that the expectations are very high or high.

cloveress

Hobbit Trailer

Post#102 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 pm

100% said expectations were high! I like that stat, Indis! My expectations are definitely high. I think I might even dress up as a hobbit-maid when I go see it 

brego

Hobbit Trailer

Post#103 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi everyone.  There are some amazing high res new pix over at theonering.net

Looks to me that the first images we saw some time ago of the company have changed somewhat.  Oin, there are rune tattoos on fingers and battle scars, they really look like a group of toughies.

Also there is the most beautiful photo of a view from the Bradywine up into Hobbiton.  Just lovely.

brego

Hobbit Trailer

Post#104 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Just saw the full Hobbit trailer and only now calmed down enough to post!!!!

Wonderful, Trolls, Goblins, Stone Giants, Quotes......

Yes I had a little cry.

leelee

Hobbit Trailer

Post#105 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Cannot wait to see Radagast, with all my heart i mean that. I guess I don't have a problem with the way that any of the characters look, to me that is not important. In a stage play you have people playing parts that are as far as the east is the west from what they are supposed to look like; yet they mesmerize because they have got the character's deep down personality like a hand in a perfect fitted glove.

brego

Hobbit Trailer

Post#106 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Leelee the wonderful Radagast is in the new trailer.  He is grubby and dirty with a floppy shapeless hat and wears a very raggy coat.  There is a very brief glimpse of him on a sled being pulled by what looks to be giant rabbits or could be dear.  His home looks like it maybe inside a huge hollow tree and he has badgers with him. His home is full of living things and potions.  I must say I had a little cry when I saw Raddie stroking a tiny badger who is laying on his back.....

leelee

Hobbit Trailer

Post#107 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I saw the trailer, I had trouble making much sense of it though, too scattered. He does indeed drive a sled pulled by what looks like jack rabbits and he has an adorable hedge hog for a pet.

He does look filthy and unlike the majestic creature he was when he came from the High Place like Olerin and Sauraman.But I think that can be explained because he did not fulfill the purpose for which he was sent over , and if I know our Tolkien who borrowed heavily from Christian-Judeo writings, he would have in fact faced a smaller but definite consequence as those that completely betrayed Eru, namely losing some of the majestic 'spirit' or aura surrounding those that kept word with Eru like did Gandalf the grey. He moved up to Gandalf the White and was for the most part gloriously clean and lovely. He lost stature  and showed it being preoccupied with creatures instead of the loftier things. So much of wht I could glean from the trailer though was not what i remember in the book at all, but I have decided to love the books. and look at the movies as movies, not really that much endowed with the spirit of Tolkien, more the techno spirit of Peter and co. I leave it at that as the two will never be reconciled.

galin

Hobbit Trailer

Post#108 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Hedgehogs not badgers; unless there aregers also badgers somewhere in one of the shots.

For an English badger (and talking too) remember Trufflehunter from Narnia.

I does look lik

brego

Hobbit Trailer

Post#109 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Aahhh Hedhogs. Yes hedgehogs not badgers. Good way to think about it Leelee.

arath

Hobbit Trailer

Post#110 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 pm

When reading the hobbit there was amid the humor always the slight undertone of something very serious a tad like a great hall lighted by a few candles. It seems bright but you can sense the darkness. This was absolutely missing from the trailer much to my dismay but I am reserving my final judgement.

Tolkien's books are after all very difficult to portray accurately in modern cinema since the limitations regarding film length are strict :)

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”