Favourite Hobbit Movie Moment.

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
brego

Post#1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 am

Hail friends.
It's inevitable that this question will be asked.
So what's you favourite scene?
Mine... I have to say that other than the history of Erebor which was truly magnificent. It has to be the extremely quick glimpse of King Thranduil riding his stag.

mellon

Post#2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 am

Oh I doo agree with you Brego .but I also enjoyed the time they spent in Rivendell

brego

Post#3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Yes Mellorn it was like a dream. I want a couple of Elf warrior statues at my gate. Loves the secret entrance
As well.

Balrogs R Us

Post#4 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:11 am

While there are many things I loved about it, the scene that stands out the most to me is the long distance view of Rivendell. I was mesmerized, nothing short of amazing in my opinion.

I also really liked the stone giant sequence, though I agree with others certain falling distances were way too unrealistic. But from when I first read The Hobbit, I always loved the sentence...

"When he peeped out in the lightning-flashes, he saw that across the valley the stone-giants were out and were hurling rocks at one another for a game, and catching them, and tossing them down into the darkness where they smashed among the trees far below, or splintered into little bits with a bang."

And honestly what I imagined, especially as a kid, was eerily similar to Jackson's interpretation. So it's another scene that stands out to me and I really enjoyed.

arwen undómiel

Post#5 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 am

Brego, an amazing idea for a thread. Thank you.

Yes Balrogs I also loved the view of Rivendell. Beautiful.
And Thranduil. Amazing.
And of course, just seeing the Shire again.
The scene "Riddles is the dark" is I think nicely done. It was quite much how I imagined. Only pity that not all the riddles where used.

I could go on with lots of other things I liked. ;) But for now I have to go. See you!
''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

Indis

Post#6 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:19 am

"The riddles in the dark scene" has to be my favourite. Amazing acting. Perfectly animated Gollum. The moment when Bilbo considers killing Gollum. The importance of this one scene on the whole Middle Earth story.

And I loved seeing Manwe's eagles once again. So graceful.

arwen undómiel

Post#7 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:42 am

Yes, the eagles. :)

And I loved the scene between Mithrandir and Galadriel.
''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

indalas

Post#8 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:48 am

I think the Thranduil scene was ridiculous... Didn't like it at all... The part I liked best was the talk with the Goblin King (he looks really awesome).

durin the deathless

Post#9 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 am

I may be the only one, but my favorite moment was when Gandalf sliced the Goblin King's stomach and the King said, "That'll do it." I thought it was hilarious.

Morinyelle

Post#10 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:54 pm

When the dwarves arrived in Rivendell, and they were eating- "I don't like green food" and "Where's the meat?"
-because of course elves only eat healthy food- I found that hilarious, but I also enjoyed the action sequence in the Goblin Cave.

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”