Desolation of Smaug Trailer

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
Fornad

Post#1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:40 pm

So, the new trailer for the Desolation of Smaug is out! What do you all think of it?

virumor

Post#2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:38 pm

I predict the she-Elf is going to suffer a (melo)dramatic death in the third movie.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

brego

Post#3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Watched it twice....

Blue Butterflies!!

Looks darker than part one.  Liked all that I saw except perhaps an Orc attack on Thranduil's Hall, which looks amazingly natural and wooden.

Smaug sounds great!  Deep and Heavy. 

Legolas's voice has broken and Tauriel sounds like Arwen.  I like the Auburn hair.

Fornad

Post#4 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 am

I feel that Tauriel will serve as a character to connect the audience to the elves, as so far Elrond has been against the dwarves' quest, as Thranduil and Legolas will be from what the trailer has shown. She'll probably help Bilbo with the dwarves' escape, convince Thranduil to go to Erebor, and then (as Vir has said) will die in the Battle of the Five Armies.

That's my prediction at least 

virumor

Post#5 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm fearing some sappy romance between Tauriel and not-Legolas too.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

brego

Post#6 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:31 pm

I think I agree Fornad.

Perhaps the rumors are true and Thorin does become Smitten with Tauriel, who dies trying to protect Thorin at his sad end....

Also, Elves chasing the barrels down the river, shooting arrows from the tree's.....

aylee

Post#7 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:01 am

Love it, love it, love.  It does indeed, look darker than first.  Thranduil is absolutely epic!

Mîm the Petty Dwarf

Post#8 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Yea Brego when I saw the elves chasing the barrels I got a little worried, but the inclusion of the "white orc" also bothered me so most of the stuff shown in this trailer made me a little perturbed. I'm going into Desolation of Smaug open minded. I have to say I loved the glimpse of Lake Town though.

brego

Post#9 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Hail all.  Im expecting change, so not to be too disappointed.

Other than Smaug's riddles, Im totally looking forward to meeting Beorn, weve seen his giant bear head, now I want to see the man himself.

Balrogs R Us

Post#10 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Well I'm pretty excited about it. There's really no denying it looks pretty inaccurate. But, oh well, I know I'll still love it. I'm a sucker for anything Tolkien related. And Smaug looks so cool.

I really can't wait until December...I want to see Lake City and Beorn!

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”