the hobbit 3

The forthcoming Hobbit movie
glorfindel

the hobbit 3

Post#1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:16 am

According to some sources on the internet, there will be a scene of Bain fighting Smaug. What do you all think of this?

Balrogs R Us

the hobbit 3

Post#2 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Just curious but where did you read this?

If it is true, then all I can say is it wouldn't surprise me one bit. In fact I'd be more surprised if Smaug was defeated in ANY WAY similar to how it happened in the book.

curufinwe

the hobbit 3

Post#3 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:51 am

Bard is the one who killed him in the book, and he is the only one with the black arrow (color matters!). Really it makes sense to have them fight, since he is killed by Bard in the book as well.

Wait, Bain? The kid? WHY!

glorfindel

the hobbit 3

Post#4 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:05 pm

I forgot where I saw it.But to clarify things, it said a scene of them fighting. This doesn't necessarily means that Bain kills Smaug.

Amras

the hobbit 3

Post#5 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Bain would become a cooked wild caught shrimp if he battled smaug. it would be impossible for him to do so, so maybe he throws a piece of dirt from the dirtiest city in Middle Earth, so yes, i do not care if Bain dies, except that he is king after Bard.

cassandria

the hobbit 3

Post#6 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 pm

I can definitely see where they would have him fighting, especially if he is put in a position where he is required to defend his sisters and/or father. Lets say Bard is injured in the fight and his son takes up his place until Bard regains consciousness ::insert cliche movie suspense followed by relief here.::

curufinwe

the hobbit 3

Post#7 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:30 pm

two questions.

While I can defiantly see how they would do this, I can't figure out why. They could obviously have Bard fail (unconscious or incapacitated etc), then Bain pick up where he left off. Why would they do this? Do they want to add suspense by making Bard fail? Do they want to show the inner turmoil but resolve to do what's necessary in Bain?

Secondly, where did you get this info Glorfindel? "Some sources on the internet" is not exactly trustworthy until verified.

brego

the hobbit 3

Post#8 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 pm

I would expect that most of Laketown would be either fighting Smaug or at least fleeing or putting out fires (like in the book)...

I'm imagining that Bard will fight his way out of his cell at the last minute to save the day with his hidden "Black Arrow" and take the final shot on the double dragon crossbow thing.....

odette

the hobbit 3

Post#9 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm never really sure about what PJ is going to do with the plot, so I watch with as open a mind as possible. Maybe Bain fights off the dragon till he rescues Bard but how he does that with ordinary weaponry is beyond me. Most of Lake Town would be fleeing or dying trying to battle back.

I've forgotten, how old is Bain in the book? 

glorfindel

the hobbit 3

Post#10 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:45 pm

So what do you all think of the trailer?

Return to “The Hobbit (Movie)”