Lurtz?!

TomBombadillo

Lurtz?!

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Lol! I'm sure you did, Plastic! :D
So Lurtz is the Uruk-Hai leader? He looked pretty cool. Especially that passage where he has this "conversation" with Saruman, it's great! He looks very real. I expected to meet him in every one of my nightmares! :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Rosie

Lurtz?!

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yeah and him dripping with yucky slimy stuff was really cool.
but why did he have to burst out of that alien looking egg sack?

TomBombadillo

Lurtz?!

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You mean the way he was born? I liked that too, the slimey parts. You'd expect Orcs to come from there! :D

Halo_Black

Lurtz?!

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

GAWD DAMNIT!! I read the book again and he wuzzunt in it...hmmmm. Maybe her was hiding from me...
Yeah, I liked the bit where he popped outta the egg too, I also liked the bit where he an' Saruman had their little "chat"

grondmaster

Lurtz?!

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yup, try as I might while researching this weeks poll, I just couldn't find Peter Jackson's brain child name of Lurtz anywhere in Tolkien's text. :verysad: :grin:
'Share and enjoy'

TomBombadillo

Lurtz?!

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nope, I read the book again too. Couldn't find it... Minus one for PJ! :wolf:

Ross

Lurtz?!

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

With that bit with Lurtz being born from an egg, Games Workshop got the rights to make the miniatures and wargames. Now there Orcs are born from eggs and spores can't help but get the feeling he might have borrowed it from them.
Sod off I'm busy!

raptor

Lurtz?!

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nope,definetly not in the book.When i heared about him for the first time I thought he would be The Mouth Of Sauron in ROTK.....??!!

Stonehelm

Lurtz?!

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Did you notice that the name Lurtz is not said once in the movie? Kind of funny to come up with an orc name and not use it!!
I will never raise the white flag.

CrystalBolger

Lurtz?!

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

ugluk is supposed 2 b the leader of the uruk-hai, not Lurtz! and u know wat? i have also not been able 2 find Lurtz's name ever mentioned in the movie

Return to “Characters”