Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Rosie

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

ok, but how would you stick fatty's character into the movie (as it is)? there's plenty of characters who contrast against the bravery of sam, merry, pippin and frodo. like that fella who was choppin' wood when the black rider came and asked for directions. and the inn keeper. ok, he's not a hobbit but he lives in the Shire..

TomBombadillo

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Forgot all about Fatty, but now that you mention it, he does deserve to be in the movie, yeah. But like Rosie says above, it's hard to find a way to put him in the movie as it is now. Though they could make him chat with Frodo at the party or sth like that. Naaah, would be dumb.
I think Plastic meant with bravery the sense of adventure, and dealing with all the strange things out there. If a Black Rider passed my door, I think I'd go running as well! :)

Is that audio version of yours available on video as well, Grondy? :D Guess not... :(
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Rosie

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

True, true. Black Riders are scary and i forgot that Frodo and Co. were deathly afraid of'em as well.

what audio version?
so you ppl listen to LOTR, read LOTR and watch LOTR and talk about LOTR???
wow. such devotion. i'm moved. :D

Rosie

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yeah.. same dif. :P
anyway, who would they have got to play fatty?
Danny DeVito?
LOL

grondmaster

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Tommy, only the BBC version is available on audio tapes and it doesn'y have your namesake in it. The ones the Skwrl wants are the ones I have that do have Tom Bombadil, except I can't even find the company that produced them now let alone a source for them. :)
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's not devotion Rosie, we (well me at least) just have no lives :D
And Fatty would have been easy to put in the movie, if they'd just done the Shire PROPERLY!!! (And the innkeeper (Butterbur) lives in Bree not the shire.)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That would be a good part for Gerard Depardieu! :D
Let's say they put Fatty in. What part would they have given him (in the movie as it is now) or what part would they have added to the movie in order to get him in properly?

grondmaster

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The would have had to add the escape into the Old Forest in order to make Fatty Bolger's part fit into the movie. An we all know to what end that would have enabled. :D
'Share and enjoy'

Rosie

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

see? it just opens the floodgates.

TomBombadillo

Fatty (Fredegar) Bolger

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Opens the floodgates??? No, I would have made a six-hour movie instead of a 3-hour one. Does anyone mind that? :D

Return to “Characters”