Film and Book: How do you see the caracters?

Tyrhael

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Do you mean physically, as in looks? Or as in personality?

virumor

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That doesn't matter, whether it's about personality or looks or whatever : they are all hidious.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

LadyFeawen

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

In looks,I still imagine them as I did before I watched the movies.
And in personailty,I look at them a bit different.
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

EvithianEhtmire

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

In looks i see them as the movie presented but not always. In sprit i see them as seen in the book and always will, though i love the movies.

valedhelgwath

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

When you see something on film it is very rarely how you first imagined it to be when reading a book. However, once you have seen something on film, the memory you originally had in your mind tends to be erased and replaced with the film version. Now when I imagine characters from LotR, it is the actors faces which I see, not my original impressions.

Saying that, the film versions of Gandalf, Aragorn, Frodo and Gimli were all remarkably close to how I had always imagined them. Legolas, Faramir, Eomer and Theoden were quite different (and in particular chubby-elf Haldir).

Nessa

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think I look more at the characters in the book. After the movies (one and two) I was reading the book again, was checking everything, so I was checking the charackters.

I think I always see the BOOK_Charakters on the first place, we dont wanna talk about the *mistakes*but so I saw more off the carakters, what I not saw befor the movies, but always like Tolkien try to make it in oure imagineten. (sorry..............I dont no how to spell)

Ross

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The Characters I see them as they always were in my minds eye. I know what VAl means by them being erassed by the films as this happened with Leto in that dune miniseries. But for the disgrace of cinematography I will not allow them to polute my immagination.
Sod off I'm busy!

Eryan

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nobody, absolutely nobody in the movie version was in any way alike to how I imagine him after many repeated lectures of the book. The same is true also for the places and landscapes. Perhaps with the exception of parts of Rivendell valley and of Moria.

Aulë

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I imagined them much more wonderful.....Legolas much wiser and a person who you could see that though his looks are young he is about 3000yrs old......Now with Orlando he looks like a dumb ignorant elf who just wants the attention of the ladies!!!.....BLAH TO THE MOVIE! The books rules!
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

Wooffy_Elendil

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think they did a pretty good job making the charctrers in the movie. The book described aragorn as tall but borimer broader. And wat do u know? Thats how they made them in the movie. Other wise I dunno. I read the books after they came out with the movies!

Return to “Characters”