Shelob on the Bigscreen!!!

grondmaster

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

(HobbitHomie05 gives a little yelp because she imagines something crawling up her leg!!!)*
That's the problem with spiders, all those little legs that can go crawling through our imaginations and we don't know where they are hiding or when they are creeping up on us.
:superscared:

I hope Shelob is rendered at least half as good as WETAs Gollum.

Watching HP and the Chamber of Secrets I decided I was more afraid of the dog sized spiders than car sized ones, and I wouldn't want to meet either without a good double-edged long-sword or a shotgun. But for the little ones we can Stomp 'em, Bash 'em, Stone 'em, an' Smash 'em! :cool:

Me an' the red haired kid don't like spiders: no how, no way!
'Share and enjoy'

HobbitHomie05

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:( I saw HP and the Chamber of Secrets also and I was scared watching the scene with that big spider even though it looked like a bunch of pipe cleaners put together. Now Shelob I know is going to look good (and by good I mean scary)!! The way he walks is so cool, on the preview he was walking down the staircase chasing Frodo and he moved exactly like a real spider!!! :superscared: < That's my exact face when Shelob comes crawling out. Now I don't have a problem with snakes, alot of people do, but I just can't figure why? Their so beautiful and smooth, what's not to love??
But spiders???? :superscared:

virumor

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The way he walks is so cool, on the preview he was walking down the staircase chasing Frodo and he moved exactly like a real spider!!! < That's my exact face when Shelob comes crawling out. Now I don't have a problem with snakes, alot of people do, but I just can't figure why? Their so beautiful and smooth, what's not to love??

He?? Shelob is a female. Anyway, from what i saw of her in the trailer i thing she looked not big enough, at least nog as big as i imagined her to be. She looks more like one of her lower descendants from Mirkwood, imho.

Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Aulë

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have seen the commercial of the movie but I haven´t seen Shelob....is she big?
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

virumor

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have seen the commercial of the movie but I haven´t seen Shelob....is she big?

We only see her 'face' (heh good wordchoice). But she doesn't appear to be very big.

The final answer will come on december 17th i guess, when we will all go and watch the commercial movie.nn[Edited on 9/12/2003 by virumor]
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

HobbitHomie05

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

sorry I know she is a she I just flubbed. At the end of the TTT movie when gollum is talking to himself and he says "Or she could do it? Yes, yes she could do it!!" hes talking about Shelob right? Me and my friend Sheri were talkin about that. At first I thought he was talking about the ring but then I didn't know about Shelob soooo........

grondmaster

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes, Gollum was talking about Shelob.
'Share and enjoy'

Tyrhael

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

What?
I'd rather have spiders be big and humongous so I can at least see them; I hate the little ones that crawl into your mouth when you sleep outside. Crunch! bleh...

No, seriously, bigger is better. Since then you know what to run from lol. :superscared: :elfshocked:

LadyFeawen

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I can't wait to see Shelob's big beautiful hairy body on screen,hehe...I love spiders and won't be the least bit scared during the movie. (okay,maybe a wee bit.)
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

valedhelgwath

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I hate the little ones that crawl into your mouth when you sleep outside.
I can't say I'd appreciate Shelob crawling into my mouth either ;)

Return to “Characters”