All time favourite character?

icefangs

Post#1 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:47 pm

Hmm, well, I have to same that I love Gildor Inglorion. Mustn't forget Aragorn, and of course not Pippin, and, there's just too many!

But, Gildor's my favorite!

Túrin Turambar

Post#2 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 pm

I'm just curious to see who everybodies favorite character is? Threw out all of Middle Earth, doesn't matter what Age, race, or sex! ;)

If you can't choose from just one, you can name a couple, but limit it to no more than 3 please!

Túrin Turambar

Post#3 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Ya i guess i should state my favorite since i created this post.... i have to agree with you in the fact that everytime i a different character pops into my head, i want to mention him as one of my favs. All of Tolkien's reknowed characters a special in their own way.

If i must choose i'm gonna name 3...

Túrin Turambar - how can you not like him? With the Black Sword he was unstoppable... such a tragic end
Fëanor - The most gifted elf ever created... need i say more?
Finrod Felagund - Compassionate, Strong, Brave, Wise, and a noble king... sacrificied himself for Beren.

Please give reasons why youl like them!!!

P.S. Aragorn was my favorite until i read the silmarillion

einar-

Post#4 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:35 am

Barliman Butterbur :D

grondmaster

Post#5 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:31 pm

Tom Bombadil: Anyone who can wear yellow boots and has a pretty wife who only asks for a few water lilies in exchange for his sloping off to a tavern now and again has got to be a favorite, eh What? :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

laurelindhe ilmarin

Post#6 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:07 pm

Tom is also one of my favorites. And though I'm sure it has become cliched a bit, Samwise is my ultimate fav. Tolkien character; bravery, simplicity, loyalty, intuition, honesty and gumption are all of the qualities I appreciate most in all people, so I suppose it comes as only natural for me to favor him because of these traits.

I also like Beorn a lot because he is very dangerous, but also good. Plus he has a way with scaring the **** out of one!

Túrin Turambar

Post#7 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:35 pm

Although Samwise does meet all those characteristics you mentions, I can think a few more characters would could be described in the same manner. Aragorn for one.... except maybe simplicity.

i aran

Post#8 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:07 pm

RADAGAST! Although not too much is known about him, from what we do know, he seems to got it all figured out. Living in the forest and hangin out with the animals, sounds like paradise. Plus, his aid to Gandalf while in Saruman's capture makes radagast that much more cool.

marigoldboggy-hillocks

Post#9 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:54 pm

My all time favorite character would have to be basically 2.. why because I can not choose between them... Arwen and Eowyn.... they are strong and beautiful ... both very different but also alike in some ways... even though I choose to be a Hobbit here at the site ... my love of these two characters surpass the love I have for the fun, peaceful food loving Hobbits

Túrin Turambar

Post#10 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:00 pm

Marigold, i take it you've watched the movies. have you read the books yet?

Return to “Characters”