Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hmmmmm..........
Did you forget something Alyssa?
*Plastic
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

grondmaster

Elrond

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just think she is very very shy person and has to work up courage to say what is on her mind. We must take care not to scare her off. :)
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Elrond

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Alright, point taken, she is a huge Elrond fan though, maybe she's pointing out that words cannot describe how great he is?
*Plastic

Boring

Elrond

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Elrond great?? Ooohww... wait thats sarcastic... sorry, yeah elrond was great far better then he was agent smith in the matrix... :(

grondmaster

Elrond

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Elrond was considered wise in the books. He was the repository of the history of the second and third ages, as he lived through them. It sounds like you didn't like his charcterization in the movie, Boring.
'Share and enjoy'

Ungoliant

Elrond

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Which Elrond do you prefer, the Hobbit or LOTR? I preferred the Hobbit version myself - he felt warmer yet stronger, if you know what I mean. *ungoliant

grondmaster

Elrond

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think that's because in the Hobbit, Elrons was presented as less complex, only wanting to help Thorin's party on their way armed with the information and supplies they would need to attempt the burglery of Smaug's hoard from the Lonely Mountain.

In LOTR he had a lot more on his mind, like: what would happen if Sauron gained control of the ring, if Frodo tossed it down the tube; what to do with his daughter who was making eyes at Strider, that ranger bum; then in the library, there was those scrolls from the first age, that were deteriorating at a rapid pace and something just had to be done about them in the next couple of decades or they would be forever lost to posterity. So much responsability, so much time, so little help. *teacher
'Share and enjoy'

chikakat

Elrond

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think, that, if I had to meet Elrond, I would like to meet the Elrond that was in the Hobbit...he seemed liked a nicer guy than in LotR. However, I think that Elrond from LotR is kind of cooler than the Hobbit Elrond...much more depth...the Hobbit Elrond seemed kind of more like fluff than the LotR Elrond did.

I did not like the movie Elrond at all, though.

PlasticSquirrel

Elrond

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

True, movie Elrond, BAD, I prefer Lotr Elrond, he's much more Halfelven there. Though he is a bit weird isn't he? You know, he never goes out, sits around in that big old house with a load of so-called friends and hangers on.... Charlie Manson anyone?

Ungoliant

Elrond

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Right as always, Grondie. I suppose having your tart of a daughter running after a scruffy ranger is enough to make a dad tetchy. I think Beorn in the Hobbit came closer to what the LOTR Elrond - hmm, and they both have a Charles Manson-ish ring about them :o

I agree with chika though, I'd much rather meet the Hobbit Elrond. *ungoliant

Return to “Characters”