Elrond

Jehanne

Elrond

Post#101 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh yeah, Priscilla is much better than To Wong Foo. Wesley Snipes was one heck of a scary drag queen.

I liked seeing Elrond's fighter qualities played up, too, not only because he was one, but because elves must be tough to portray these days /without/ making them effeminate. They're described as beautiful, elegant, graceful... all words more commonly used for women. So the lovely Haldir was more along the lines of what I was expecting (fearing) to see. But HW, despite the dress and the butterfly barrette, didn't seem fey (no pun intended) to me. Less pretty than I expected, to be sure, but I didn't mind. I could definitely see him leading an elf army.

Ears in the fridge? Ew! What's that all about?

Rosie

Elrond

Post#102 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yeah the butterfly barrette. that was hilarious! i kept laughing during the movie everytime i saw it. ok, well giggling. it kinda looked ridiculous on him.
when i first saw him in the prologue, i didn't even think he was an elf. not at all what i was expecting. just kept trying to remember where i saw him from.

chikakat

Elrond

Post#103 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

butterfly barrette? I missed that one...

Elrond was definitely grim enough for a fighter...actually he really didn't seem effeminate to me in the movie, either, despite HW's feelings...

I don't really think they needed to play up the tough guy aspect, though...Legolas wasn't particularly tough, but he still came across without being really girly.

grondmaster

Elrond

Post#104 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Jehanne posted on 21/1/2002 at 17:01
Ears in the fridge? Ew! What's that all about?
I think someone in the last 5 Elrond pages mentioned a rumor that HW kept a spare pair of his pointed elven ears in his dressing room refrigerator, just in case his regular ones were damaged. :)

Chikakat posted on 22/1/2002 at 00:50
butterfly barrette? I missed that one...
Me too.
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Elrond

Post#105 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Grondy needed to clear that up so bad he said it twice!! :D

So Is HW a bit like Geoffrey Dahmer then? And what IS a Barrette? Is it like a Burretta?

Grondy says the laugh is really on me now. It took until today to figure out what I had said twice, too many trees, not enough forest. I have since deleted my double post. [Edited on 26/1/2002 by Grondmaster]
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Rosie

Elrond

Post#106 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

barrette is like an american for 'hair clip'

Allyssa

Elrond

Post#107 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The Elrond Ear Tip thing was me...

I read it in a Melbourne Nespaper article and decided to share with those not priveledged enough to be included in its circulation.

HW Kept a pair of Elrond Tips as a souvenir. Apparently they go soft in the heat so he keeps them in his fridge. His kids like to play with them. Impress their friends I suppose.

It is still very yuk. It has to be unhygienic to keep prosthetics with food...
"May the Angels Guide"

Elrond

Post#108 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

especially if his kids stick them on their ears....YUCK
[Edited on 26/1/2002 by Grondmaster]

Allyssa

Elrond

Post#109 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think they might be referring to Elrond's sissy hair do. If you look at the back, its got lots of pretty braids and things. Interestingly, Arwen just wears her her fairly plain. Maybe it is some sort of rank indicator, like the pretty head bands...

I still think Elrond should have short hair. He really was a practical man and not a vain one. :)
"May the Angels Guide"

Rosie

Elrond

Post#110 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hm..
i don't think the long hair was about vanity, as all the elves in the movie had long hair.
what was it that Plutarch said? long hair makes handsome men better looking and ugly ones more frightening. or something like that.

Return to “Characters”