Aragorn

lord of llamas

Aragorn

Post#1 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:43 pm

I have heard Aragorn mom was a elf. Could this mean Aragorn is part elf and can be related to Elrond and Arewen? Just wondering if he (Tolkien) made Aragorn look like a pervert. Sorry to all you Aragorn fan out there.

terrijayne

Aragorn

Post#2 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:07 pm

Hey Lord of llamas....welcome to PT! About your question...not sure about the details but I'm almost positive Aragorn's mother was human as was his father. His lineage came from the line of Numenor, which had its basis in Elros (Elrond's brother). But I believe that was the only elven influence that can be accounted to his lineage. When he married Arwen he reinvigorated the bloodline by introducing her elven genetics. As for the pervert image, not sure what you're referring to. Guess I didn't think he came off looking like that in the movies, and definitely not like that in the books. Perhaps you should elaborate on what you mean by that. Thanks for listening, and again...welcome to PT!

Túrin Turambar

Aragorn

Post#3 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:54 pm

dare i tell him the tale of Túrin Turambar? :D

lord of llamas

Aragorn

Post#4 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:27 pm

srry alll u guys, and once again srry 2 all Aragorn fans, for he was a cool guy. Now i was told by a friend, so he owes me. sry again 4 all non sense stuff like the perverted marriage wise crack. and thank u for the welcome Terrijayne. I thought being a pervert ment marring a family member an d all that wrong stuff. :verysad: I feel so emberessed. *feels like crying* Boy I sure messed up. And I spouse u could tell the story of T'urin Turombar, the Redear's Digest verzion plz.

lord_aragorn86

Aragorn

Post#5 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:12 am

And I spouse u could tell the story of T'urin Turombar, the Redear's Digest verzion plz.

Reader's Digest? What has RD got to do with LOTR? Please explain the connection! And nothing to feel sorry about your question or anything. We were quite pleased to answer the question and clear any doubt that you might be having. And we'll always entertain any question and try to answer it as best as we can.

And as for the story of Turin...you ought to read "the Silmarillion". Its a long and a very sad story.
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

rednell

Aragorn

Post#6 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:56 am

Reader's Digest? What has RD got to do with LOTR? Please explain the connection!

Reader's Digerst version is just another way of saying condensed version or shorten the long story with just the main points of the tale. :read:

Amarië

Aragorn

Post#7 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:11 am

I would think 'reader digest version' means a short version. But It should be read in as it is. Such a sad story. :sad: And don't tell it here in the Aragorn thread. Go look for the thread about Túrin. :)
Hehe, Nelly posted while I was typing incredibly slow. :)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

lord_aragorn86

Aragorn

Post#8 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:27 am

Oh well thanks for the explanation, Nell and sis. I thought the magazine Reader's Digest was being talked about here. Lovely magazine that!! :)
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

virumor

Aragorn

Post#9 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:42 pm

I have heard Aragorn mom was a elf. Could this mean Aragorn is part elf and can be related to Elrond and Arewen? Just wondering if he (Tolkien) made Aragorn look like a pervert. Sorry to all you Aragorn fan out there.

Aragorn' s mother was Gilraen, a Dúnedain woman. Hence : no Elf.

Both Aragorn and Arwen are related, but very very far, as Aragorn is a descendant of Elros through numerous generations and Arwen is Elrond's daughter - with Elrond being Elros's brother.

Galadriel would be more pervert than Aragorn, as Galadriel married her cousin in the second degree : Celeborn, as Celeborn was Elmo's grandson and Galadriel Olwë's granddaughter, with Olwë and Elmo being brothers.

And Turin was not a pervert, as he was UNAWARE that he was with his sister. Give the lad a break, he was under a curse by Morgoth himself. A Freudian nightmare.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

lord of llamas

Aragorn

Post#10 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:36 pm

c'mon virumor, gimmie a break. i said that i was sorry i called aragorn a pervert.

Return to “Characters”