The Dead Marshes

cloveress

The Dead Marshes

Post#1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:00 am

You know the faces in the Dead Marshes? Who were they? Were they men or elves or dark lords or something?

anatea(seajewel)

The Dead Marshes

Post#2 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:28 am

They were the ones who fought the great war against the armies of mordor, there were men and elves and orcs, and all that failed to survive the great battle

grondmaster

The Dead Marshes

Post#3 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:13 pm

They were killed during the Battle of Dagorlad.
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

The Dead Marshes

Post#4 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:48 pm

Thanks. But what was with them trying to pull Frodo down in the movie? Were they supposed to be evil?

gwaihir

The Dead Marshes

Post#5 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:58 am

They were kinda creepy ghosty undeady thingies.

miruvor

The Dead Marshes

Post#6 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:22 pm

But what was with them trying to pull Frodo down in the movie? Were they supposed to be evil?

They wanted to drag him into the water, drown him and make him a ghost as well, but Gollum saved his arse.

Never happened in the books, though. Gollum just warns them not to look into it, that's all.

PJ just changed it. What a big surprise.

cloveress

The Dead Marshes

Post#7 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Oh PJ changed a lot of things for sure. But I'm thankful that LOTR hasn't turned out as bad as Harry Potter. So we can say that these changes turned out for the good.

valedhelgwath

The Dead Marshes

Post#8 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:53 am

So we can say that these changes turned out for the good.

I'd be more inclined to say that the movies turned out good irrespective of the changes, rather than the changes made for a good movie. I haven't read HP, but as the women who wrote it has an imput into the films too, I'm surprised she has allowed detrimental changes to be made. At least she has had a chance to add her imput, unlike JRR.

cloveress

The Dead Marshes

Post#9 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:48 pm

Yes, that's right. Tolkien has been dead for so long...

nordean

The Dead Marshes

Post#10 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:09 am

I don't know any exception to the rule where the film's been better than the book... feel free to prove me wrong though ! :)

Return to “Characters”