The Eagles

sorongil sulandune

The Eagles

Post#1 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:52 pm

Well it looks like I'm the only "fool" to whom the Eagles represent somethin great , and after all they were thought of in the song of the Valar long before the Elves avoke......

Behold! When the Children awake, then the thought of Yavanna will awake also, and it will summon spirits from afar, and they will go among the kelvar and the olvar, and some will dwell therein, and be held in reverence, and their just anger shall be feared.

" But dost them not now remember, Kementári, that thy thought sang not always alone? Did not thy thought and mine meet also, so that we took wing together like great birds that soar above the clouds? That also shall come to be by the heed of Ilúvatar, and before the Children awake there shall go forth with wings like the wind the Eagles of the Lords of the West.'

It is very strange that I am an eagle don''t u think.....

grondmaster

The Eagles

Post#2 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:05 pm

Grondy doesn't think wanting to be an Eagle, especially a Great Eagle is weird, he thinks it is a high aspiration and would love have the freedom to soar with the clouds. :thumbup:

(Grondy also cleaned up only the word-wrap in the above thread's text, which came from 'Of Aulë and Yavanna' in The Silmarillion.)
'Share and enjoy'

laurelome

The Eagles

Post#3 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:21 pm

Hey! Careful who you're callin' a fool! :elfbiggrin: Me and Amarie are Eagles, too!

Loss

The Eagles

Post#4 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:19 am

Yes yes, we all know your a fool Laurel :orcsmilie:

We do have a few Eagles but they seldom show themselves, just as Gwaihir and Landroval only turn up when Gandalf can't be bothered to walk :elfbiggrin:

Amarië

The Eagles

Post#5 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:44 am

We like to observe from afar. ;)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

mellon

The Eagles

Post#6 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:38 am

Im also an Eagle but I'm most of all MELLON:)

grondmaster

The Eagles

Post#7 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:09 pm

I'm not sure what variety of mellon Mellon is: she may be a Honey-do, a Can-elope, or a teary Waa-mellom, but I don't think she is a Musk-mellon because I hear she smells nice. :elfwink:
'Share and enjoy'

virumor

The Eagles

Post#8 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:54 am

Hold on, is the fruit spelled "melon" or "mellon"? I hope it's 'melon' otherwise I have been making jokes about Gandalf at the Gate of Khazad-Dûm for nothing.

And while we're at it, is spelled spelled "spelled" or "spelt", or is spelt spelt "spelled" or "spelt"?
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Thorin Oakenshield

The Eagles

Post#9 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:56 am

i never knew you were in mcq vir! ;)
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

grondmaster

The Eagles

Post#10 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:51 pm

I are an enganear and we all no they can't spel.
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “Characters”