a tolkien char name for a dog

berca

Post#1 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:51 am

hihi i guess you all think this question is stupid, but still, anyone that can think of a great name for a min pin female?

i already have a dog named up after a char in the LOTR :angel: :orcgin:

gandalf-olorin

Post#2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:02 pm

Funny you should ask that! We also have a Min-Pin female, and we call her Flicka. You can use that if you like. Whatever name you choose, try to find something that conveys the energy of a Min-Pin.

grondmaster

Post#3 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:40 pm

She doesn't sound like a Fang, Grip, or Wolf, or even a Garm or Huan. So, how about Princess Mee from Tolkien's poem by that title found in The Tolkien Reader and The Adventures of Tom Bombadil? Also there are a few lines of the poem listed a few posts down the page of This Link. :happyelf:

Then again maybe she could be PJ's Lady Arwen who was quite energetic in his LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring.
'Share and enjoy'

berca

Post#4 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:46 am

Flicka like in the swedish word for girl? :wink:

berca

Post#5 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:47 am

i thought about Arwen, but it's a bit common

gandalf-olorin

Post#6 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:42 am

I never knew Flicka was Swedish for girl! We took the name from the old children's book, My Friend, Flicka--about a horse.

Amarië

Post#7 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:23 am

How about Tookie, after the Took family? Small and always ready for an adventure.

And I'm sure the dog will act a bit "tokig" at times, don't you think Berca? ;)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

mellon

Post#8 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:02 pm

WELCOME to PT Berca :wavehello : How about Lass ? (Nickname for Legolas ) Are you from Sweden by the way ?

berca

Post#9 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:12 pm

i'm from Norway, but half of my family is from Sweden ;) i considered myself a huge fan of Tolkien, but after reading some of the threads here, i do not know half of what some do :hahaha:

there are so many nice names in the tolkien's world, so i really can't decide. hehe. i already have a "dwarf" in my home ;)

Túrin Turambar

Post#10 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:45 pm

Is a 'min pin' short for mini Doberman pincher? If so i have a friend who has one of those too, she's had it for almost a year now, but i can't remember if it's a boy or girl.

My other friend has a bunch of Jack Russels and one of them is named "Pippen" (not a typo, cuz it's not from LOTR but from the basket ball player Scottie Pippen.) However it is pronounce the same as Pippin and is still a good name for a small, rambunctious dog. If you need to feminize it up just twist it into Pippa or something, lol.

Or maybe "Tink" as in tinkerbell or something...

Return to “Characters”