Most interesting?

arath

Most interesting?

Post#1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:46 am

Who do you find most interesting? Why?

I myself think that the most interesting character is gimli as well as all of the dwarfs.
They interest me because i dont know much about them and would like to know more.

turion

Most interesting?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:46 am

The elves are all fascinating to me, they seem so familiar to me, yet so alien, so ethereal, just so damn lovely haha
:D

arath

Most interesting?

Post#3 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 am

Yes the elves are interesting but i have started to lose my interest towards them because i have studied the elves alot. But dwarfs they are interesting. very interesting.
Does tolkien tell more about them in any of his writings?

leelee

Most interesting?

Post#4 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:05 pm

Well to me the elves are like fresh air that I cannot do without.
But the dwarves, they are a strange lot to me. First they are not even created by Illuvatar, so they started out diminished from whatever they originally were supposed to be. It is my opinion, that but for Aule there would be no such living beings. It is true Illuvatar, in his mercy and forgiveness allowed them to live and imbued to them characters and natures separate from the created being that created them. But to me they are always going to be the saddest of creatures. Always living in a dark place, sort of like a womb, dark and primeval, not brought forth into the light and normalcy as the other created beings, the firstborn Elves and then the race of Men.
They live in such a way to give me the impression they can dimly see the beauty of all creation but cannot come forth to partake and so they build replicas of the sun and moon and stars, of trees and other beautiful things as ones seeing them through the tissue of the womb, always surrounded by dark no matter how much light they pour into their works.
They are stunted in stature because the one that made them had not the power or mind to do other than make a poor imitation.
So I shall always have pain in my heart for them. They just seem so sad.

turion

Most interesting?

Post#5 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:32 pm

ohh LeeLee you are soooo melodramatic!

Dwarves are stunty little levain with no respect for nature, and they somehow find that horrible geometric design, that they fill all there dark and dank halls with, visually pleasing

dôl lhost nogothrim

:D

xx

virumor

Most interesting?

Post#6 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:00 pm

No discrimination of one of the Free Peoples of Middle-earth, or any people for that matter, please.

Every single race attributed to the richness of Middle-earth and played their part, either for better or worse.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

turion

Most interesting?

Post#7 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:09 pm

hey Vir im not descriminating, if thars what they wanna do then sure, thats fine, was just voicing my views :D

grondmaster

Most interesting?

Post#8 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:38 pm

We Dwarves would rather not have to walk on the surface surrounded by all that green stuff and all that aromatic air that is filled with those yucky flowery smells which cause our large noses to become congested. Give us the underground with the aromas of the many kinds or rock dust, ancient molds, rancid grease, and stale body odors. :nanana:
'Share and enjoy'

Stonehelm

Most interesting?

Post#9 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:42 pm

Ahh, we now find out the reason for why there were never any female dwarves! :grin:

I will never raise the white flag.

turion

Most interesting?

Post#10 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:44 pm

hehe :P
its nice to see someone has a sense or humour Grondmaster

maybe Vir left his deep in Dwarrow-delf??

:P

Return to “Characters”