About Names

About Names

Post#1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Good idea.

Now... waiting for your reply, Balrogs!

About Names

Post#2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Although he wasn't in the book I chose Brego because I fell in love with him after seeing him in the making of specials. Such a wonderful, beautiful horse. Vigo purchased him after the movies were made and took him back to his farm in the US. Wonderful.

About Names

Post#3 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:06 am

I took the name Aylee from my level 90 Blood Elf Rogue in World of Warcraft.  Although I have lots of toons in WoW, she is my main and I use her name for everything!  Yes guys, the secret is out...I am a HUGE nerd.  Addicted to Tolkien and WoW.  Whatever will we do with me?

Marriel Baggins

About Names

Post#4 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:58 am

So, looking at posts and comments I've seen some pretty cool names; some are from LOTR some are from other books, and some are compleatly creative and bizzar. What I would like to know his how and/or why did you choose them? By-the-way I haven't seen a single one that I didn't like. :D

Marriel Baggins

About Names

Post#5 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am

For my name, I got Marriel from that good old book Red Wall.  The bell maker's daughter is named Marriel after the sound that a bell makes, you know "Marriel".  Then of course Baggins came from LOTR.

About Names

Post#6 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:38 am

I chose Lurtz because since I saw The Fellowship of the Ring many many years ago, i became so mesmerized by how he threw that shield at Aragorn and tried (but failed) to behead him as the shield was stuck in the tree trapping his head.

Also when he got stabbed and just pushed the blade further into himself growling at Aragorn was fantastic 

Balrogs R Us

About Names

Post#7 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Ooooh sorry I missed this thread, Indis!! Here's mine but where's yours!?!

Mainly I think balrogs are just some of the coolest creatures in all of fantasy-fiction. Heck just look at the top of this page! And what's more contradictive to diabolical fire and shadow than a children's toy store??

Thus, we have Balrogs R' Us  

Oh and hey, I also loved those scenes with Lurtz, Lurtz!!

galandir of lothlorien

About Names

Post#8 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:09 am

I spent thirty minutes to come up with a name that I thought would not have been used, yet would sound like a name that would have been used in Middle-earth. I used two sounds common in his elvish names: gal-, and -dir.

About Names

Post#9 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Mellon .simply because it means FRIEND in elvish 

About Names

Post#10 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:32 am

My name is Gôthnakh becaus it sounds orcish/ uruk-hais

i also got it from the game Lord of the rings Online an uruk warboss was called Gôthnakh

so i made a name like that

Return to “Characters”