Badest person in Middle-Earth

aylee

Post#1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 am

Hi ya peeps, how have you been? So my question is, who do you think is the biggest badass in all of Middle-Earth? The character can be male or female, of any race, from any age. In short, who would you want on your side in a fight? There is some pretty tough competition out there: Hurin, Fingolfin, Feanor, Aragorn, and many others too numerous to mention.

I am going to go with Maedhros. In battle, his enemies would flee before his face and he only had one hand...now that is one tough elf!

Therian

Post#2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:02 pm

What you talking about? (almost) EVERYBODY'S A BADASS! :)

Balrogs R Us

Post#3 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Do Balrogs count???

If not, I wouldn't mind having Tom Bombadil on my side. I don't think I'd have a care in the world!

aylee

Post#4 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Well, well, Therian and Balrog's, good to see you both post!  Therian, we know that they are all BAD, but who is the baddest??  Come on now, give me a name!

And of course, Balrog's count!  But didn't Glorfindel slay one?  I think that makes him a contender!  But, Balrog's are indeed bad!

Turambar

Post#5 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 pm

I think the answer is Feanor.

brego

Post#6 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Beorn!

aylee

Post#7 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Turambar.  Indeed, you can't find many who are badder than Feanor.  One of my absolute favorite characters.  There wasn't anyone that I can think of, that he would not go to the mat against.  You can definitely make a strong argument for Feanor.

It is funny Brego, when I was posting this thread I was wondering who you would say.  I would never have guessed Beorn.  What made you choose him?  Not that I am questioning his elite badassness!!!

Balrogs R Us

Post#8 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Aylee don't forget that the Balrog took him down too! I'm still pretty sure if I go to the movie theater with a balrog at my side I'll be getting in for free! An elf lord? Psh, please. Been there, done that, am I right?

Rudi

Post#9 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Ecthelion of the Fountain is quite badass, slaying Gothmog an all (even tho he died himself in the same battle). As to appearance, I'd have to say Ancalagon, who wouldn't want a dragon as a pal!  

aylee

Post#10 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 am

Well, well...you guys are all about the dragons and balrog's huh?  Well Rudi, what about Turin then?  He slayed one and did not die in the process.  Sure, sure, he was cursed and killed his best friend  and all, but he did slay a dragon!

Balrogs, you are indeed right, with a balrog by your side, not only would you get in to the movie free, but I am pretty sure you could have any seat you wanted!  But, you can't picture a pretty boy elf lord being badass?  What about Finrod?  I know, I know, you are thinking....ummm....badass is not the word that comes to mind when thinking of Finrod.  But hey, let us not forget he did slay a werewolf with his teeth. Come on now, how badass is that???

Return to “Characters”