Who Is Your Favorite Character?

grondmaster

Post#201 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:14 pm

Yes, I had forgotten about the bit in UT.

Relax Virumor, you are among friends here; there is no need to be so defensive. We love you for your Tolkien knowledge and for your endeavors toward filling the forum with pithy discussion rather than common tavern bilge. Have a jelly baby. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

loni

Post#202 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:07 pm

I WANT A JELLY BABY!!!! Okay, so I was wrong about the whole witch-king maia thingy. I was SO STUPID!!! How could he be a Maia???? HOW?? I am a dumb bunny. BUNNY!!! BUNNY!!! BUNNY!!

Oh, and before I name my favourite characters, I have to tell you all something that I found out on a trip with the family lately. BUCKLAND IS A REAL PLACE!!!!! There's this little village outisde of Ngaruawahia/Huntly I forget which in NZ, AND IT'S CALLED BUCKLAND!!! It's made up of a few houses, a car shop (with wrecks in it) and a dairy. And guess what road it's situated about. BUCKLAND ROAD!!!! Oh, and there's a brand of wine called Lothlorien Wine. Betcha didn't know that!!

Characters.... I like Merry. And PIppin. Cause they're so.... innocent little hobbits caught up in war but doing great deedsish. They're the coolest. But Voronwe, do you remember him? He's in Tuor's story. He's cool. And he restrains Tuor when he gets hot-headed. You know when Tuor's like "Ooh, I shall go and fight a load of Orcs so I can get some food even though there are loads of them!!!" And Voronwe says "You do that, and I leave you." And Gandalf. Though I don't like the film-portrayal of him. He hits someone with his staff about five times. He hits Pippin (although it is just a knock) and says "Get up!" when he's being all noble and offering his allegiance to Gondor. And he keeps bashing up Denethor!!!! And I could go on for ages, but I must go, my mate's coming round to see a movie with me.

rhapsody

Post#203 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:58 am

. We love you for your Tolkien knowledge and for your endeavors toward filling the forum with pithy discussion rather than common tavern bilge.

I agree. It never hurts to look once a while outside LOTR and the info you gave us so far is excellent! So do continue with your insightful posts.

Elfstone

Post#204 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Wilthout checking that, i doubt he did. That would be so not-Gandalf. More PJ-Gandalf, who gives Denethor a thorough beating with his staff, imo.

Yep, you’re right about that Vir. I was mistaken. I looked in UT earlier today, and here’s the part I was thinking of,

Gandalf did not laugh again; and he did not answer, but looking keenly at Saurman he drew on his pipe and sent out a great ring of smoke with many smaller rings that followed it. Then he put up his hand, as if to grasp them, and they vanished.

:elf:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

virumor

Post#205 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:44 pm

Oh, and before I name my favourite characters, I have to tell you all something that I found out on a trip with the family lately. BUCKLAND IS A REAL PLACE!!!!! There's this little village outisde of Ngaruawahia/Huntly I forget which in NZ, AND IT'S CALLED BUCKLAND!!! It's made up of a few houses, a car shop (with wrecks in it) and a dairy. And guess what road it's situated about. BUCKLAND ROAD!!!! Oh, and there's a brand of wine called Lothlorien Wine. Betcha didn't know that!!

There's a Bree in Belgium.

And a Brie in France.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

aikanáro_eledhwen

Post#206 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:58 pm

My personal favorit Characters are and will always be the little funny fellows who cant help the way they act.

Sméagol and Gollum
mostly also because i can chance my own voice into something wich sounds really much like Sméagol/Gollum

lord_aragorn86

Post#207 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:27 pm

mostly also because i can chance my own voice into something wich sounds really much like Sméagol/Gollum

It pleasessss usss to know that, my preciousss! *Gollum gollum*
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

feanor

Post#208 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:37 am

oh, my favorite character is Frodo Baggins!!! 'cause he had the strength to go on even in the most difficult and hard situations!!! ;)

elrond

Post#209 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:16 pm

I'd say the whole lot of em'! I chose Elrond, as many of my friends had dubbed me this when we were all reading the series years ago..

Shire

Post#210 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:12 am

Nob (from the Parncing Pony). I'm guessin the meaning of his name has changed over the years otherwise it would put whole differant slant on the story, and i would feel inclined to withdraw my membership of this site. i was very dissapointed that he wasnt named in Jackson's version

Return to “Characters”