Aragorn

Eryan

Aragorn

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Aragorn was NOT handsome, and Viggo Mortensen is!!! They should have chosen a less handsome actor with a strong personality which could make us love him in spite of his ungainly looks...

Amarië

Aragorn

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

A good tip on pronounsing Viggo Mortensen; think quenya! Quenya a, e, i, o, u, y = norwegian/danish/sweedish/finnish! I'm norwegian, Viggo is half dane :)

Viggo is GREAT as Aragorn, but unfortunatly he gets a look in his eyes (like after Boromir dies and there is a close up of Aragorn, I saw it in the trailer too!) where he is the spitting image of a totally patetic door-mat of a guy caracter in a tv-show we have here, ("senkveld med HC & Tommy" if any norwegians read this) and I laugh everytime I see it! It's just as annoying to see as it is fun! :hahaha:

"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Samwisegamgee

Aragorn

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't think Viggo Mortensonen(sp?) is half as good an actor as Sean Bean.

valedhelgwath

Aragorn

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I bet no one here disagrees with comment, Samwisegamgee..... Not.

I've always liked Sean Bean's films (I loved the Sharpe series), but for me it seemed that Sean Bean was part of the Fellowship, rather than Boromir being part of the Fellowship. I don't dislike how he portrayed Boromir, it's just that, unlike everyone else in the movie except Liv (bless her), he did not bring his character to life... It may just be that he was too famous and recognisable, whereas most of the others I'd never really heard of, or were heavily made up with make-up.

I thought Viggo was excellant as Aragorn.

grondmaster

Aragorn

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I spent the second half of the movie trying to figure out where I previously had seen the Bean. It was his voice the set me off on that hunt until I finally saw a good shot of his jaw, and then I knew it was Sharpe. (Think I've seen all the many mini-series and know I've read all the books.)

In the movie, Bean didn't appear to start acting until his final battle and death, while I thought Viggo was being Aragorn from the beginning, despite his filty hair.
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Aragorn

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Sean Bean will always be Alec Trevelyan/Janus from Goldeneye for me, and he sucked as a bond villain almost as bad as he sucked as Boromir.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

rednell

Aragorn

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have to agree that Viggo played Strider/Aragorn brilliantly.His heart seemed to really into the role, Bean, on the other hand, didn't come across convincingly until his death scene. Fine time to put heart into your character! ;) The scene with Frodo in the wood of Amon Hen was very weak, almost corny. Not at all how I envisioned the way Tolkien wrote it.

valedhelgwath

Aragorn

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Who else agrees with me that he was the strongest mortal in the 3rd age.
Hi inderjitsanghera, welcome to the site.
I agree with your comment about Aragorn being the strongest mortal of the third age, and so too did Tolkien, himself. In Appendix A of RotK he wrote,
Thus he became at last the most hardy of living Men, skilled in their crafts and lore, and yet was more than they; for he was elven-wise, and there was a light in his eyes that when they were kindled few could endure.

grondmaster

Aragorn

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to our forum Inderjitsanghera. :)

Aragorn was the best of the men living in his age of Middle-earth of which we have any knowledge. If there was someone better, Professor Tolkien chose not to bring him to light so as not to diminish that radiating from Aragorn. :elfcool:
'Share and enjoy'

Arwen_RingBearer

Aragorn

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Since Legolas has a thread to himself, surely Aragorn deserves the same.

I think Viggo Mortensen is the hottest babe on earth. Anyone with me?

I AM SO WITH YOU< VIGGO IS SOOOO HOT, I THINK THAT WHEN PEOPLE TOUCH HIM THEY GET BURNED............ HEHEHEHE
Estel,
Elen sila lumenn omentilmo,
Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au',
Amin mela lle.
Arenel Arwen

Return to “Characters”