Pippin

PlasticSquirrel

Pippin

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yeah, he is the best definitely. Especially in the movie, I think it's the Scots accent that helps him out there. That classic greatest line in the whole movie again "So... Where are we going then?" :D
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Rosie

Pippin

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yeah he's cute...
but one of the greatest mysteries, after watching the movie, my friend said to me "That guy who pushed that skeleton down that well is so hot!"
WHAT?????

TomBombadillo

Pippin

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I guess your friend was referring to the thingy in the mines of Moria, where (I think it was Pippin, but it could have been Merry as well, I couldn't keep them apart) one of them was looking at (read: slightly touching) this dwarf-skeleton, and the whole thing scattered down in a well. You remember it, where the fellowship is at Balin's tomb, and Gandalf is reading in the book, there's a deadly silence, and all of a sudden there's that great noise of the skeleton falling down the well. I think it was Pippin who did that. :D
I kinda liked those hobbits too. They brought a bit of humour into the film. The way they distracted the Uruk-Hai, I mean... :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

chikakat

Pippin

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Pippin is definitely my favorite of the hobbits...actually one of my favorite characters overall...

Ungoliant

Pippin

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yup, I agree with chika. Bilbo is my favourite hobbit, but Pippin is my favourite 'Fellowship' hobbit. He's funny, brave, inquisitive...and a bit daft. I love the way he always seems to get in trouble, especially with Gandalf. That scene at Rivendell (not in the movies, boo hoo), dropping the stone into the well at Moria, looking into the palantir...great stuff. Tom-fool of a Took!

grondmaster

Pippin

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I thought what followed Pippin's stone down the well and Galdalf's outburst was one of the scariest parts of Moria.
Nothing more was heard for several minutes; but then there came out of the depths faint knocks: tom-tap, tap-tom. They stopped, and when the echoes had died away, they were repeated: tap-tom, tom-tap, tap-tap, tom. They sounded disquietingly like signals of some sort; but after a while the knocking died away and was not heard again.
Oooooh stuck buried down here in the dark, under miles of stone, and already worried about Goblins 'n Trolls 'n Orcs Oh My!! Goblins 'n Trolls 'n Orcs Oh My!! And now that tapping noise suddenly indicates "You are NOT alone!." *shiver, shiver*
'Share and enjoy'

swampfaye

Pippin

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well, he may have been comic relief in Fellowship, but in the book at least, he was quite clever. In TT it was Pippin who took the initiative on everything. He left clues behind for ARagorn to follow (quite wisely). I agree that Bilbo is a great hero.. I will always love the Hobbit, but in LOTR, Pippin is definitely the underdog hobbit that deserves much more praise!

Rosie

Pippin

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hahaha :D
good one...

OH MY GOD! i just found a run in stocking..
shit..

swampfaye

Pippin

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

On the same topic, do you think they will have Pippin steal the orb from Gandalf in the next movie?

Rosie

Pippin

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Of course! it's one of the best parts in the book, if not pivotal...

Return to “Characters”