Star Trek

elanorraine

Star Trek

Post#1 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:48 pm

thought I might find some Star Trek fans amongst Tolkien-ites? Regardless, I saw the new Trek film last friday and thought they did well, and was worth seeing even if you're not a star trek fan.

Amarië

Star Trek

Post#2 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:01 am

Haven't seen it yet, but I really want to!
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

grondmaster

Star Trek

Post#3 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:06 pm

I saw all the originals when they first came to TV some forty years ago. Not sure if I want to watch the prequel; maybe I'll wait for it to get on TV.
'Share and enjoy'

elanorraine

Star Trek

Post#4 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:28 pm

I thought it was fun to watch. They did a pretty good job making characters "match up" with the characters you know from the films and the tv series.

There was only one character tweak (Uhura) about which I thought "hm, I don't remember that."

arath

Star Trek

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:29 pm

im not a real trekkie... much more into stargate :P
buuut...
I liked this film :)

grondmaster

Star Trek

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:13 pm

I remember the original Uhura was svelte, dark complected, and always wore a "Bluefang" in her ear.
'Share and enjoy'

elanorraine

Star Trek

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2009 5:03 pm

This Uhura is all of those, (except the earpiece is perhaps a little smaller and more modern looking... ). I just don't remember her having a romantic relationship with any of the main characters in the 'original'. (Did she?)

Sian

Star Trek

Post#8 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:38 pm

I seem to remember that she kissed Kirk in one episode but my memory isn't always reliable. I'm hoping to see this but probably won't get to the big screen.

elanorraine

Star Trek

Post#9 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:09 pm

I don't think the episode where she and Kirk kissed was a romantic encounter; it was part of some alien entertainment (?) that they were forced to enact because the environment on some planet allowed the inhabitants to have telekinesis. (Oh dear, has my inner Trekkie gotten loose?)

elanorraine

Star Trek

Post#10 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:08 am

BTW, I got the dvd as a present and I still think it's well worth watching... more than once.

Return to “New Releases”