The Star Wars Movies!

Rivendellelf1977

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#1 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:51 am

I have yet to see Revenge of the Sith but that is because no one else in my family or friends want to see it. As for the other movies i really enjoyed them but im not a Star Wars junkie yet!

miruvor

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#2 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:43 pm

So, after I wrote that extremely long and boring critique on the Star Wars movies, does anyone else agree or have any comments?

It's Anakin, instead of Anikin.

Etharion

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#3 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:36 pm

Ah Miruvor, always noticing the details. That was a simple slip of the kand. :elfbiggrin:

Im a bit of a StarWars junkie too. But unluckily, not one with such a deep pocket. I dont even own all the movies. I meet Star Wars before LOTR, thats sure. SW was one of the first films i saw as a kid, and LOTR i read when i was some... 10. And still LOTR holds a higher place over SW in my mind by a simple fraction! I love them both with a nearly dangerous flame. :elfshocked:

No really, i think they are both great. And wo and behold.....i have still not seen Star Wars III !!!! Yep. I was kinda busy when it came to the cinema near to me, and so...i missed it. But ill get a crack on it as soon as i can. Ill be delighted if the movie is only half as great as you say it is Celebriannenharma!!

miruvor

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#4 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:48 pm

The difference between SW and LOTR is that with SW, the movies are better than the books.

caudimordax

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#5 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:13 am

That is because the books came after the movies. Instead of the other way around which is most normal.

Tyrhael

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#6 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:06 pm

Indeed RotS was awesome. My least favorite parts were probably with Anakin and Padmé, but there were some touching points in the film and the graphics were great, though I forget some of the storyline. The music was impeccable as usual. :thumbup:

celebriannenharma

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#7 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:28 pm

Before I say anything, I'll admit that I am a Star Wars junkie. I own the collectors additions of Episodes IV, V, and VI, and I'm soon to own the collectors editions of I, II, and III. Anyway, this is what I thought about the movies:
IV, V, & VI (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, The Return of the Jedi)- The Classics; kind of cheesy in certain parts, but hey, that's science fiction, right?
I (The Phantom Menace)- Interesting story; shows the young Anakin Skywalker (later Darth Vader) and his childhood experiences; shows how he began his youg life as a rebel.
II (The Attack of the Clones)- Anakin's teen years, with his love of Padme; Drawn out, and I guess I could say, kind of boring...
III (The Revenge of the Sith)- THE BEST ONE EVER! I thought that Episode III was the most exciting movie of them all. It had awesome battle scenes and the excitement all builded up until the final fight at the end between... dun, dun, dun! Anakin and his Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi. The movie's ending was also linked very well with Episode IV, A New Hope.

So, after I wrote that extremely long and boring critique on the Star Wars movies, does anyone else agree or have any comments?

celebriannenharma

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#8 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:29 pm

Hey Miruvor...
It's Anakin, instead of Anikin.

I fixed it. :)

cloveress

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#9 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:47 am

I was never a SW fan, but my family dragged me off to see RotS, so I saw it, and well, I'll admit it's OK. So I saw the other movies. And well, let's say I don't like Anakin anymore. Luke's a lot better...

miruvor

The Star Wars Movies!

Post#10 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:29 am

And well, let's say I don't like Anakin anymore. Luke's a lot better...

He is, but ultimately it was Anakin who had to save Luke's arse. Although to some pundits, Luke did this on purpose to force his father to return to the Light Side.

Return to “DVD Releases”