Pan's Labyrinth

grondmaster

Pan's Labyrinth

Post#1 » Sat May 19, 2007 5:32 pm

I just saw it for the first time, via DVD. I thought while its story was dark, it was very beautifully done, even if its violence was a bit too graphic. As it was filmed in Spanish, I had to resort to the English subtitles which sometimes flew by too fast, but only on a couple of occasions. It was a good modern fairytale that didn't have to resort to a dreamlike interface between this world and Faerie.
'Share and enjoy'

virumor

Pan's Labyrinth

Post#2 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:48 am

It's like Alice in Wonderland, set during the Spanish Civil War. Absolutely brilliant movie, best fantasy movie in years, especially considering Del Toro didn't need to butcher a set of books in order to make it.

Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

arwen evenstar

Pan's Labyrinth

Post#3 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:54 am

Pan's labyrinth was an amazing movie. definitely one of my favourite ones all year and i have decided that i wanna adopt one of those creatures with the eyes in its hands so if anyone knows where i might find one lemme know. =P I loved the filmography and the plot was amazing and they stayed close to how that part of history was.

virumor

Pan's Labyrinth

Post#4 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:20 am

and i have decided that i wanna adopt one of those creatures with the eyes in its hands so if anyone knows where i might find one lemme know.

Those creatures are called "Oedipi" and are very common in Greece.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Etharion

Pan's Labyrinth

Post#5 » Tue May 22, 2007 4:30 pm

The one with its eyes on its hands? Not a thing id like to meet up a dark alley... BRRR!!! :superscared:

Return to “DVD Releases”