Star Wars

lord_aragorn86

Star Wars

Post#1 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:33 am

I was just wondering why hasn't a thread been created yet about one of the greatest movies of all times (and with this I'm referring to the old trilogy ie IV, V and VI). I first saw A new Hope in 1997 and have been hooked to the movies and its characters (especially Darth Vader) ever since. And when the movies I, II and III were launched, I ate my heart out. I felt that rather than explaining the story of the old trilogy (which is what was claimed), the new trilogy was more of an attemp at making money and showing off the skills of the Lucas Film's at technical and graphical wizardry.

Anyways, feel free to jump right in and create a healthy discussion. May the force be with you!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

elen

Star Wars

Post#2 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:31 pm

I LOVE Star Wars!!!! :inlove:
But this refers mostly to the IV,V and VI episodes as they were realy good as a scifi movie for that time and moreover - their idea was strong and that's why these films haven't lost their charm till nowadays.
As speaking of the last three episodes I can only say they were great in two things: quality - the visual effects and all the features were super,I got much pleasure of watching all the 3 on the big screen; and the other great point was that they reminded us of all we knew so well and made us say "Aha! It has been that way!" and of course that very music again!! But as for their life, I beleive it will be shorter and the "Star Wars" will stay mostly as the first trilogy.

eruwen

Star Wars

Post#3 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:27 pm

I agree Aragorn. The latest movies were terrible! Lucas should have hired a screenwriter as he did in the earlier movies. He has a knack for making good actors bad. I almost cried when I saw the latest movies. I kept hoping they'd get better, but alas, it never happened. He should have left well enough alone. :verysad:

lord_aragorn86

Star Wars

Post#4 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:53 pm

He should have left well enough alone.

True, Eruwen. I don't feel that we needed any explanation for the old movies and how everything happened. I never wanted to know how it all began. I just care how it ended. And anyways, no movie can be called Star Wars if Darth Vader is not in it.

kratos

Star Wars

Post#5 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:24 am

I actually really enjoyed Revenge Of The Sith...

valedhelgwath

Star Wars

Post#6 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:27 am

I know this is going to create a stir with the true Star Wars fans, just like saying the LotR films are better than the books, but personally I prefer the three later films. Okay I'm a sucker for eye candy, and being made twenty years after the originals the new films have a great advantage in that department. But it's not just the eye candy.... I think the later films are acted better too.

I'm not a big fan of Phantom Menace, mainly because of Jar Jar Binks. If there is one thing that bugs me about Lucas, it's that stupid slap-stick element he insists on putting in his films. Doesn't anyone else get tired of seeing 3CP0's head stuck on back to front, or attached to a bad guy? It's a joke that probably raised a laugh in one film, but did not need to be relentlessly carried on as a theme in the others.

That is what I liked most about Revenge of the Sith.... he had made the film darker, and left out that slap-stick, cheap laugh humour. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but Revenge of the Sith I really do like. Lots of action, lots of eye candy, lots of turmoil, some great acting.... and it finally answered the question of how he was going to complete the circle to arrive back at the start. To me, that one film stands out so far from the crowd.

I'll stand back now and be bombarded by rotten apples from the true fans.

Loss

Star Wars

Post#7 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:06 am

i thought that the revenge of the sith was the best of the latest films i was a little dissapointed with episode one and two. the revenge of the sith just tied in what you didnt understand with how Anakin goes bad it just helped make sense!

lord_aragorn86

Star Wars

Post#8 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:43 am

I'm not a huge fan of the series, but Revenge of the Sith I really do like. Lots of action, lots of eye candy, lots of turmoil, some great acting....

I do agree there was a lot more action and the "eye candy" and the "turmoil" (or whatever you meant by it) but the acting department really sucked (which is usual). Hayden is a really disappointing choice to play Anakin. I also thought the romance between Anakin and Padme was overdone but then I never liked mushy stuff anyways.

I'll stand back now and be bombarded by rotten apples from the true fans.

Well, sadly, I'm out of rotten apples. But will pies suffice?

valedhelgwath

Star Wars

Post#9 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:22 am

Throw as many pies my way as you like. I'm not one to turn down free hand-outs.

cloveress

Star Wars

Post#10 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:04 am

Cool! Food fight! Don't worry, Val, I'll help you eat your way out of this one! :hahaha:

Return to “Favorite Films”