Favourite Narnia books

C.S. Lewis's Books and Published Works
gwaihir

Favourite Narnia books

Post#1 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:20 am

I personally love 'The Horse and his Boy' and 'The Last Battle', but the rest are still on my list of favourites.

grondmaster

Favourite Narnia books

Post#2 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:55 pm

I'm partial to The Silver Chair because of the Puddleglum the Marshwiggle, though I also like The Horse and His Boy. I'm not sure which is my favorite.
'Share and enjoy'

nimrodel amarie

Favourite Narnia books

Post#3 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:05 pm

As for me, I like the second one "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" cause it was the first book I read... But I also like "The Horse and his Boy"... Hey, by the way, how do u think the movie will be a success or not?

gwaihir

Favourite Narnia books

Post#4 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:43 pm

I think it will be, as I have seen some sneak peeks on the web. It looks like it will be better than the low-budget BBC one! Who remembers the silver chair, where the prince is playing with a giant rubber snake!!! :funnylaugh: :funnylaugh:

black sword

Favourite Narnia books

Post#5 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:58 am

I do, with Dr. Who playing Puddleglum.

grondmaster

Favourite Narnia books

Post#6 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:10 pm

That was Tom Baker, my favorite Dr. Who, I'm not sure if it was the scarf or the warts. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

gwaihir

Favourite Narnia books

Post#7 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:10 am

Or maybe the pesamisticality ( or however you spell it!)

grondmaster

Favourite Narnia books

Post#8 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:26 pm

Yes, Puddleglum and all Marshwiggles were known for their pessimistical attitude; though Puddleglum's reputation for this among his peers wasn't very high, for he told the children as they were making plans at the start of their journey:
"... They say—I mean, all the other wiggles all say—that I'm too flighty; don't take life seriously enough. If they've said it once, they've said it a thousand times. 'Puddleglum,' they've said, 'you're altogether too full of bobance and bounce and high spirits. You've got to learn that life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie. You want something to sober you down a bit. We're only saying it for your own good, Puddleglum.' That's what they say. ... "
Now who couldn't like someone like that? :wiggle:
'Share and enjoy'

eva lilith

Favourite Narnia books

Post#9 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:53 pm

Yes, Puddleglum is awesome... and probably the best played character in the old movies... unlike the witch/ green lady...

gwaihir

Favourite Narnia books

Post#10 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:44 am

Yah, I think that the only decent actors out of the kids were Eustace and Pike, which is why The Silver Chair was one of the best acted ones.

Return to “The Books”