Favourite Narnia Characters

C.S. Lewis's Books and Published Works
gwaihir

Post#1 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:40 am

Mine would have to be Edmund after he stops being evil/odd/nasty/a horrid little brat. But then there is also Corin from the horse and his boy, and Puddleglum and Reepicheep... oh man, I love them all!

Olorimë

Post#2 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:50 pm

Book 1: Strawberry the Horse
Book 2: Lucy
Book 3:Bree the Horse
Book 4: Trumpkin the Dwarf
Book 5: Reepicheep
Book 6: Puddleglum
Book 7: Puzzle the Donkey

I love all of the characters, but these were just my favorites. Poor Puzzle though.

You know, I was surprised and pleased to find out that Lewis and Tolkien were friends! Who would've thought so?

Rivendellelf1977

Post#3 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:59 pm

my favorite character over all is Alsan
but i also like Puddlegum, Lucy, Reepicheep, Susan, and last but not least, Puzzle the donkey!

cloveress

Post#4 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:58 pm

I'd have to agree with Gwaihir about Edmund. The transformation about him was the thing that made him so much more complex than the others.

elanorraine

Post#5 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:19 am

speaking of transformations, what about Eustace?

more minor transformations --
Fledge/Strawberry
Jadis/The White Witch (although evil transforming to more evil, I don't know if that counts, it's rather more of a progression (regression?) than a transformation)
Shasta/Cor (is slave in rags to the riches of a crown prince transformatiion?)
Trumpkin the skeptic/Trumpkin the believer
dead Aslan/resurrected Aslan

cloveress

Post#6 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:22 am

Oh Eustace! I think CS Lewis did a particularly good job with him. I think he was the most human out of all the characters.

grondmaster

Post#7 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Oh Eustace! I think CS Lewis did a particularly good job with him. I think he was the most human out of all the characters.
I agree, I also think Edmond was a little git, even after he repented.
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

Post#8 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:31 pm

*chuckle* yep, some things you just don't want to change... D'you think Lewis got so fond of the brat Eustace in the Dawn Treader that he just had to let some part of the git live on in him?

cloveress

Post#9 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:45 am

We're all forgetting a certain pretty girl called Susan here. She changed too. Changed into an adult (or so she thinks) who doesn't believe in fantasy worlds anymore. It was sad. It's like CS Lewis is telling us to believe in this joy of fantasy and the joy of realistic fantasy.

elanorraine

Post#10 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:04 am

I don't know about that. It seems more like he was saying "believe in what you know is true" -- no matter how much the rest of the world has no clue about it. "The seven friends of Narnia" are a pretty small bunch of people to be able to talk about Narnia with.... Susan got carried away with the things and people of her birth world, and didn't have time to think about what happened in that wardrobe during one summer, nor about the brief visit a year later....

Return to “The Books”